eight

It's New Year's Eve. Most of everyone is going out. Harley didn't want to at first.

But I told her how she needed to go out and have fun, at least for one night. She finally agreed which made me happy.

She can't be worried about me forever. Harley, Jesse, Kilton, Charlie, Kira, Nash, Winston, Carolynn, and Jeremy are all going out to a bar.

Dani is spending it with family, and I'm spending it with Owen.

Owen said he wasn't in the going out mood and since I can't drink yet, doctors orders, Owen said he'll hang out with me.

The doctor did say I'm able to drive again so I'm driving over to Owen's apartment. He sent me address so I could come over.

I had on a large hoodie that I found and a pair of leggings. I put on one of my very large flannels over top of my hoodie.

I grab my keys and every thing else I need. Like an extra pair of clothes and a charger incase I fall asleep.

I text Owen to tell him I'm on my way. I get in my car and start to drive. I'm so happy to finally be driving again.

It takes me about thirty minutes to get to his apartment. He told me the door was open so I could walk right in.

And that's what I do. I walk into the apartment. It was super nice.

I could hear music coming from his room. It sounded like he was playing his keyboard.

I slowly walk to his room so I could listen. "Breathe. That's what they're telling me but I just can't calm down." He sung.

It sounded like the beginning of the song. "Grieve. I know it's what I need but I just don't know how." He sounded really good.

"All these voices get so loud, but they still can't drown the sound of me knowing this is all my fault."

There was so much emotion in his voice. It was like he was singing from the heart.

"I was so sure, but I fell short. I thought I'd stand tall and shake the ashes off, I told myself that I could be strong. I was so sure."

There was a pause in his singing as he played the keyboard. He's honestly really good when he sings.

"Scream. My words are failing me. When did we become so numb?" He sounded like he could break.

"Please, don't tell me anything the past can't be undone." I don't recognize the song. I'm guessing he wrote it. And it's really good.

"All these voices get so loud, but they still can't drown the sound of the fact that everything has changed."

I wonder what this could be about. He sang some more of the song, killing all the emotion.

I could tell he was getting closer to the ending. "Breathe. That's what they're telling me but I just don't know how." He finishes.

I start clapping causing him to jump. He turns to me to see it's only me.

"I'm sorry. You were just really into the song." I start to walk into the room as he looks at me.

He looked really nervous. "How much did you hear?" He was scratching the back of his neck.

"The whole thing." I screwed up didn't I? I sigh as I look at him.

"What'd you think?" He wasn't mad at me? I'm so happy he's not.

I smile to him lightly. "It's really good. Did you write it?" I ask him.

He nodded his head. I went over and sat on his bed. It was really comfy.

Strawberry || Owen Joyner On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara