twenty-two

I was currently laying on the beach, attempting to get some sun when I feel something drip on me.

I open my eyes to see my boyfriend standing above me, his wet hair dripping onto me.

"Is there any reason why you're standing above me like that?" I ask wondering.

With Owen, you never know. "You need to get in the water, it feels amazing." He boasted.

"I might." He groaned like a little kid. "Come on, Saylor. Please." He pleaded.

I groan as I sit up. "Alright. Let's go." He excitedly grabbed my hand and ran towards the water.

He was right. It did feel amazing. We waded out in the water until it was to my mid stomach, his chest.

I looked around me to see there was a decent amount of people here. Families, people our age, and little kids.

I was admiring everything, soaking it in. "We should move here one day." I tell Owen.

He looked at me surprised. I meant to it too. "You think so?" He asked, a little surprise in his voice.

I nod my head towards him. "Yeah. Whenever our careers calmed down. And possibly married." I was picturing it now.

Owen and myself raising our children out here. Teaching them how to surf.

Showing them where we met. Tell them our story. Teaching them how to play drums.

"Anywhere you are, I'm right there." I get on my tippy toes and kiss Owen on his lips.

We start moving our lips in sync. This is one of the first times we've kissed since getting back together.

And it feels amazing. I ran my fingers through his hair as he slithers his arms around my waist.

I almost forget we were out in public. But we had to pull away when we get hit in the face with a wave.

We instantly start laughing as we wipe our faces. "Well damn." He laughed.

I looked behind him to see an older woman walking towards us.

I calmed down, hoping she wasn't a Karen. Owen noticed I stopped laughing and turned to see what I was looking at.

"Hi, I hope I'm not bothering you two. But I couldn't help with noticing how cute you two are." She spoke to us.

I smiled at her and looked over at Owen. "Thank you." Owen spoke for me.

"How long have you two been together?" She asked. That was tough.

We started dating in July, had our fight in November, I had memory loss for three months, and started dating in January.

And now it's April and we're on vacation together. "It's a confusing story. A year in July." He admitted.

She looked at us strangely. "Do you mind telling me, I love stories like these." And so we did.

We told her the story about how we met here and fell in love but before we could tell each other, we fought and I hit my head.

But I eventually got my memories back and I re fell in love with Owen.

She smiled when we finished. "That's a true love story right there." She smiled.