thirteen

I was currently over at Owens, playing on his keyboard.

He had left early this morning because he had a breakfast date with Kenny. I had came over last night and spent the night.

We were up late writing songs together. I was currently playing the song I had written for Owen.

I had added a line in that flows with the song. I was also trying to add some parts of the synthesizer to it.

I've been working on it for the past hour or two. As I did, I felt two arms wrap around me. I tense up at first.

But when I realize it's Owen, I relax. "I thought you would've left by now." Owen said in my ear.

I get goosebumps all down my arm. I turned to face him as I continued to sit on the bench.

"I've been playing with the song I wrote for you on my birthday." I explain to him. He lets go of me and sits on the bench.

He grabs the notebook as I look at him. "How did the breakfast go?" I ask Owen.

He smiles as he looks at me. "It went really well. Kenny's a great guy." I've heard stories about Kenny.

Charlie, Jeremy, and Owen have told me stories about how he's amazing to work with.

They say how he would listen to their ideas and if he liked it, he would use it. "I'm happy for that." I lean my head on Owen's shoulder.

We sit there for a moment and he sits the notebook down. "What are you doing tonight?" Owen asked.

I sit up to look at him. "Nothing that I know of." Owen looks down at me with soft eyes.

"I'm taking you out tonight. You can't say no either." I smile a little. "I don't have clothes here." I softly tell him.

He smiles at me. "I guess you better get home and get ready." My heart was raising. I can't believe that this is happening.

I get up so I can find something at the house. "Wear something fancy." He yelled before I ran out.

I raced to the house because I knew it was going to take me a while to get ready. When I get to the house, I run inside.

I see Carolynn, Kira, and Harley inside the house. "Woah, why are you in a rush?" Kira asked as I caught my breath.

"I need your help. Owen's taking me somewhere fancy." They look in between each other. "I need help getting ready."

They all start squealing. "I call picking out the outfit!" Kira squealed. We ran upstairs up to my room.

Kira picked out black tights with a solid cord mini skirt that's maroon, and a black long sleeved shirt.

The sleeves flair out towards my hands. I quickly change my clothes in front of them, not caring.

The outfit looked really good honestly. "Okay, now time for your hair." Since my hair isn't too long, they're just straightening it.

They quickly straighten my hair and start doing my makeup. "Don't go overboard." I remind them.

"We aren't. Trust us." Harley smiled towards me. She was doing my makeup since I trust her with it.

Right as she finished my makeup, the door bell rang. I look at the girls with wide eyes. I was getting nervous.

My hands were getting clammy as I started to freak out. "I'll go get the door." Carolynn smiled.

She walked out as I paced in my room. "Saylor, why are we on the runway?" Kira wondered.

"I'm actually going on a date with Owen." I speak. I stop so I could look at them. They were looking at me with worried expressions.