twenty-three

Owen and I were currently playing battleship. We had to come up early because it started to rain.

We were waiting it out and playing board games. This is the only time it's supposed to rain so I wasn't too upset about it.

"G7?" He asked while looking at his pieces. I've been tricking him this whole time. 

I didn't put any ships on my board and I've been telling him otherwise.

"Miss." His audibly sighs as he scans his board. We play for a few more minutes but I can tell he was figuring it out.

"Let me see your side." Owen looked up at me. I bit my lip so I wouldn't laugh.

I shook my head no towards him. "That's not in the rules." I deny.

He grabs my side before I could say anything and flips it over to him.

He drops his jaw and looks at me shocked. "You're an actual ass." I couldn't hold it in any longer.

I started laughing as he shook his head. "You're gonna pay for this." I look at him confused to what he was going to do.

Before I knew it, he was over top of me. He was tickling me which led me to uncontrollably laugh.

"Owen, stop!" I squeal in between laughter. He knows how I much I hate this.

I fling my leg up causing me to accidentally kick Owen in the ribs.

He falls to the floor causing me to immediately stop. I sit up so I can look at him.

He was laying on the floor, holding onto his ribs. "Baby, are you okay?" I asked going over to him.

When I lean over his face, he looked at me in the eyes.

His eyes lit up as he smiled. "Yeah, I'm good." He sat up and ran his fingers through his hair.

I shake my head as I realize he tricked me to get me back.

"I hate you." He looks at me softly. He shakes his head as he lightly smiles.

"No you don't." He was right. I don't hate him. I don't think I could ever hate him.

It would take a lot for me to actually hate him. But I don't wanna hate him.

He's everything I've ever wanted. "I do right now." I lie to him.

I'm just happy I actually didn't hurt him too badly. "You say that now. But I know you don't." I drop the conversation.

Because he was right. I say that, but I don't hate him. We hung out a little while longer, and it started to clear up so we went back out.

We were going to toss a frisbee together. Back in high school, Kira, Nash, and myself tried to get a ultimate frisbee team started.

But I guess everyone thought it was lame and didn't want to do it.

Owen grabbed his frisbee and tossed it towards me. I jumped up and grabbed it with one hand.

Owen looked at me surprisingly as I landed back on my feet. I took a single step and threw the frisbee.

He caught it which made me smile. "Why do you look like you're taking this so serious?" He laughed at me.

He threw it at me so I caught it with one hand again. "I get really competitive when playing so I tend to focus harder." I answer.

I throw it at him as he catches it. We play until one of us drops it.

And it ends up being Owen. "Damn, we've been playing for ten minutes and you haven't dropped it yet." He speaks out loud. 

He took a break so he can put his hair up in a bun. "I'm just that good." I tease.

"I would love to play more, but I'm burning up." I agree with him so we wade out in the water.

I can't believe we're already half way through this trip. We only have a couple more days here.

I pout while thinking about it. "What's wrong, Saylor?" Owen asked while coming over to me.

"I don't wanna leave. I like having this alone time with you." I admit to him.

He frowns as he comes over to me. "I don't wanna leave either. But it's like you said. Maybe one day when we're older, we can move out here."

I would love that so much. "Promise me that we'll move out here?" I held my pinky out so we could do the pinky promise.

He laughs lightly as he interlocks his pinky with mine.

"I promise we'll move out here." I could hear the truth in his voice.

"I love you, Strawberry." I reminded him. He bit his lip to try to hide his blush and smile.

"I love you too, Cherry." He bent down and kissed me.

Our lips moved in sync as we kissed. I love showing him off like this, show people he's mine.

The rest of the day was honestly really good. We showered up, we ate, and watched a movie when we got back home.

But now, it was the next morning, and we're going on a helicopter tour.

I was looking through my outfits, trying to find one I wanted to wear.

I put on a yellow shirt on with jean shorts. The yellow brought my tan out that I built up these past couple of days.

I was straightening my hair when Owen walked into the bathroom.

He had on ripped jeans with a band t-shirt. "I think yellow is your color." He flirted with me.

I smile as I glance at him. "Thank you." I finish my hair and put on light make up.

Once done, we headed to our rental Jeep. "So, I think it'll be fun to go off roading a little bit." Owen informed me as he drove.

I looked over at him to see one of his hands was on the the steering wheel. The other was resting on the center console.

"Just don't kill us." I tease as he drops his jaw. "Have faith in me." I giggle as we continue to drive.

There wasn't too many people here knowing it was still pretty easy. We were going over the contract in case we got hurt.

"Who'd you put as your emergency contact?" Owen asked when I finished.

"I put 911." He looked like he didn't believe me. So I flipped my paper over.

He snickered as he wrote it down. We gave the paper backs and went to the helicopter.

Five minutes later, we were buckling ourselves up. We started going up as we looked around.

It was a lot different than a plane. Especially when they would drift, it felt like we were going to fall out.

Whenever we would do that, Owen would put his arm out in front of me in case I fell out.

I thought it was attractive how he would do that. Go the extra measure to make sure nothing happens to me.

It made my love for him even stronger. We land after an hour causing us to thank the pilot.

"You ready to go off roading?" Owen asked as we walk back to the car.

"Yeah. But when we go back to the hotel, I wanna do something with you." I hint to him.

He looks at me weird. "Go to the pool?" He asked. I shake my head.

"No, it involves our bedroom." His face lit up when he realized he knew.

He bit his lip as he opened my door for me. I get in as he stares.

"Well, let's go get this done for our excitement."