Chapter 2

“My Lord, you were out here after all.”

I managed to take my eyes off the boy because of what the Duke’s aide said. But the beautiful child made such a strong impression that I couldn’t easily look away from him.

His black hair and golden eyes shone brilliantly as if they were being burned onto my mind.

“Jungkook.”

The Duke called the boy with a terrible, cold voice, unlike when he called me. I barely felt like I could even breathe in the heavy atmosphere.

“Yes, Father.”

“Why are you out here?”

The boy raised his head and spoke right after he bowed his head.

He stared at me, not at my new father, the Duke, and responded.

“I heard my sister was coming.”

“……hmm.”

In response to the boy’s words, the duke nasally asked him if he liked this situation.

“It’s been a while since you’ve done something you like. Yeah, I’ve been waiting for you all this way, so I’ll introduce you.”

What? You weren’t even going to introduce me?

I had no choice but to look down at the boy because the duke was holding me in his arms.

I caught my eyes on my dry wrist.

“This is Lalisa Manoban, who will be staying at our house in the future. She’s going to be Lalisa Jeon soon enough.

Jeon, you say?

Is this really the Jeon that I know?

No, wait a second.

I was so astonished that I looked back at the duke with late recognition in my eyes. He stared piercingly back at me.

“You really look alike.”

Who the hell do I look like?

I knew the duke kept glancing at me while we were riding in the carriage, and I was wondering what he was thinking about when he was doing that.

I was curious about why he, a high aristocrat, became my godfather, but who does the Duke think of when he is looking at me?

For your information, my body in this life resembles my father and mother evenly.

My black jade like hair, which looks like jewels in bright sunlight, was inherited from my father, and my dark blue eyes that resemble the night sky shortly after sunset were from my mother.

The Duke told me with his eyes moistened with memories.

“As a godfather, I will take responsibility for you, so don’t hesitate to tell me what you want to do or have. Everything in this estate is as good as yours.”

Wow, is my godfather that incredible? Is this situation just like in the ones in movies, where the godfather is super kind?

“You are Namjoon’s child. That means you are like my own child.”

My curiosity was quickly resolved, and that reduced my worries.

The Duke gently swept my hair out of my face while he continued to stare and my face reddened from embarrassment.

I ended up catching the Duke’s expression when he said my father’s name.

His eyes, which were mixed with a strange longing and madness, turned to me. But he wasn’t really looking at me.