Chapter 16

I must have misheard him, right? His face was no different from usual, as he looked at my face while turning towards me slowly.

He had a blank expression with no strong emotion showing.

Yes, I must have heard it wrong after all.

I thought it was only the aftermath of me daydreaming a lot this morning. I was nodding all by myself, for the meantime.

“Lady.”

After covering my shoulder with a shawl, Amber greeted Jungkook politely.

“Greetings, sir.”

I looked down at Amber, hugging her. Her shoulders were trembling, so I asked.

“Are you cold, too? Should we change your uniform into a winter outfit?”

I thought the weather had suddenly gotten cold because of the sudden rain, so I asked with a worried look on my face.

Amber seemed to be in trouble, but soon smiled and replied.

“No, my lady, but thank you for your concern.”

“What are you doing here?”

Then the duke appeared. Since this morning, the Duke’s expression has been slowly hardening, but it quickly turned to stone upon seeing me resting in Jungkook’s arms.

He then stared at Jungkook and said,

“What I allowed is not the current time.”

Huh? Permission? Time?

My ears perked up at the mention of something I didn’t know. Maybe he saw it, Jungkook covered my ear.

Oh my.

“Father, I think we should show Lisa to the doctor.”

“What?”

The duke, who approached, opened his arms towards me. It is embarrassing, but in this case, I wish it was for Jungkook to hold the duke’s hand.

I moved from Jungkook’s arms to the Duke’s. It is not new for my body to move in the air from one embrace to the next.

“Lisa, what’s wrong with you?”

When the duke said words filled with anxiety, I rolled my eyes while looking at him.

No, I am not hurt. I should be honest, right? But if I say I’m not sick, will Jungkook end up in trouble for lying?

I mumbled under my breath for a moment and then replied while looking at the Duke.

“I just feel a little chilly.”

The moment I was forced to lie, I had to pay attention and try hard to feign illness.

Jungkook looked at me with a look on his face, and the duke called the butler with a thoughtful air around him.

In an instant, I was taken up to my room. I was told to put back on my pajamas and lay down on the bed.

“You shouldn’t look down on a cold. It’s dangerous to catch a cold with such a small body.”

Looking at the duke being worried with a serious look on his face, I swallowed my sigh. All I could do was nod and hold on to the blanket.

You’re not going to get back at me for falling asleep first, are you, Jungkook?

~*+*~

Unintentionally, I was unable to get out of my room due to a fake illness, I was only able to escape from my room at the end of the autumn rains.