Chapter 25

I would have ignored it if it was any other knock, but this one should never be ignored.

It's a knock meant that 'my bias is here!' so I can't just ignore it.

I jumped out of bed and quickly approached the door.

When I opened the door, Jungkook, who hadn't even changed into sleep attire at this late hour, was standing there. His expression looked dark.

Oh, Duke, how much did you scold him? Why is he so downcast?!

Every time he's like this, I feel so stuffy inside.

I didn't know what to do with this man. Jungkook looked at me and sighed a little.

"Are you tired?"

I jumped when I saw him taking a step back from where he was standing.

No way! No matter how tired I am, even if I felt like I was going to die from exhaustion, I wouldn't turn you away!

"No, Brother!"

He stopped at my answer. Then, he stepped back towards me so quickly in that brief moment.

As expected, my favorite, your movements are very agile!

"Come on in."

"....."

Jungkook came into my room without saying a word. I asked carefully when I saw his outfit.

"Why haven't you changed yet? You should take a nice hot bath later and have some warm soup."

"...Alright."

Jungkook smiled very slightly as he looked down at me obediently.

He was just so bright. How come his smile always made me go temporarily blind?

I liked the way he smiled. Whenever he laughed, I could see his eyebrows furrow slightly, and his aura changed because the shadows disappeared from around his eyes.

I really liked it because it looked like a genuine smile.

"Have a seat on the couch, Brother. I will tell them to bring me a warm soup and go back to your room to wash up so you can eat, but I am afraid I can't do much, so I'll pull the strings in the meantime instead."

I grinned as he, who would normally have stopped my actions, waited calmly instead.

Our Jungkook.

He came here because he wanted to eat with his sister, but I'm sorry because this Noona has already eaten first. But I can eat with you again!

After asking Amber for two bowls of soup, I sat next to Jungkook.

"Brother, I'm really thankful to you."

"......"

I spoke from the bottom of my heart to him who was sitting upright and looking at me attentively.

"I was so, so happy that Brother came to my rescue."

Jungkook's eyes widened, then they curved into crescent moons.

It felt like the world slowed down at that moment. I thought I was filming a slow motion video with my eyes.

My bias, you're absolutely cute.

While eating the soup that Amber brought us, I chattered along. The tiredness in me due to the events earlier disappeared like it was a lie.

Even if I scooped up the soup, Jungkook didn't say anything and ate it well.

I wasn't usually shy about giving him more to eat, so I just went ahead.

He's in trouble now.

My hand moved on its own. Casually.