Chapter 11

When I returned to my room, I was examined here and there for injuries because Amber brought a doctor.

And it was recommended that I take a bath in hot water and change into my pajamas to rest. I heard a knock as soon as I had laid down on the soft bed.

“Lady, I’ll go attend to the visitor.”

As I nodded my head shortly, Amber approached the door quickly.

“Who…”

“Get out of the way.”

A dreary statement resounded through the room. Surprised by the change in atmosphere, I opened my eyes wide and raised my upper body.

“Duke?”

At my call, the duke came into the room.

Looking at his cold, hardened face, he seemed to have heard of what happened during the day.

“My daughter, are you okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine. My brother saved me.”

“Yes, I’ve already heard the story.”

He looked displeased, but the Duke’s response was relatively positive. I quickly realized that this was a golden opportunity.

“Brother Jungkook is really cool. He flew like this and defeated that big boar instantly!”

I exaggerated by adding enthusiastic hand gestures. No, it’s not even that much of an exaggeration. My baby, it was awesome!

The Duke still had a cold face, but he didn’t stop me. I carefully continued to talk while looking around.

“I want to repay him for that.”

In the end, the only person I could rely on was the Duke. It would be nice if the Duke took care of Jungkook himself, but I decided not to rush him.

The Duke also has a mental illness. Slowing down is fine, so I hope he can accept his son as he is.

The Duke, who had listened to my story without saying a word, nodded his head quietly. He raised the corners of his mouth.

“Of course I have to pay for saving my daughter.”

No, Jungkook is your son, too!

“But my daughter.”

“What?”

“You don’t intend to keep the fox and the hawk, do you?”

Uh, I haven’t thought about that yet.

“I think Dad’s gonna take care of it. Think about something else will you?”

“……Duke.”

“Yes, Lisa.”

“Can I take care of it?”

“Daughter?”

“Yes…”

The fox who brought the boar on purpose was hateful, but I didn’t think I could stand to see the fox and the hawk punished.

There’s probably only one way the Duke would handle it.

They are just animals that the Duke bought for a price. But with the thought that they attacked me.

Of course he’ll kill them.

The Su-ins are treated badly in this kind of world. Sometimes they are treated lower than ordinary livestock.

Maybe that’s why the sub-male lead felt in love with Taehyung.