Chapter 30

To be honest, I sometimes felt guilty whenever I saw Doggy in his human form.

I thought maybe the name Doggy was a little too much, but I'm a little reluctant to name him Jimin. Was it okay to name him something else?

Wouldn't it be better to give him a name that has nothing to do with the original plot?

As I was worried all alone in one way or another, I heard a knock.

"Master!"

I murmured quietly as I watched him rudely open the door first.

"It's Doggy again today."

Oh, I don't think I can change his name for now. What if it sticks?

·
Back in the mansion, the Duke ran straight to see me. I curtsied towards the Duke appropriately as I learned in class.

"Long time no see, Duke."

"...How come you won't call me Dad?"

As I grew older, the Duke also aged the same way.

However, he looks like he aged well like a fine wine with his increased grandeur.

But I had a lot to say about what I had realized earlier.

This situation is not the most important right now.

The reason why I didn't call him anything besides his title is because of the Duke's attitude towards Jungkook and because I knew about his pain better than anyone else.

I know all of his pain from reading the original work, but none of the other characters knew of his painful past.

This was because the previous Duke kept his romantic history a strictly guarded secret.

The only one who knew that was a retired butler, and the other was the Duchess, but she didn't know the depths of it.

And even if he was my godfather, my late father wasn't exactly regarded as family.

I tried to be careful because I wasn't their real family.

But this time it went too far. I looked at him with conviction.

"Your Grace the Duke, I heard that the letters I sent to Brother didn't arrive. Perhaps Your Grace intercepted them, or that they didn't reach the Duchy at all? I don't think you would do something like that. I would like to believe so."

"......"

Oh, I thought Jungkook looked only like his mom, but he actually looked like his dad.

How come people in this family kept their mouths shut whenever they're at a disadvantage?

"I was so upset that I thought Brother had forgotten me. And you said I only needed to go to the south for a few months. Don't tell me you still haven't caught the kidnapper yet? It's been seven years."

With drenched clothes and even with cotton fists, a K.O. was still possible.

Even if my attacks weren't all that powerful, if I kept hitting the same spot, I could even break rocks with eggs.

That's just how much quiet facts really hurt.

It just so happened that the Duke and I were the only ones in the room. Because the Duke wanted to be alone with me.

I held the standing Duke's hand and led him over to the sofa.

And talked in a calm voice.

"Duke."

"Yes, my daughter."

I brought up what I wanted to say to the Duke, who still looked at me with sad eyes.