Chapter 8

I don't know what he's going to ask, but I am happy to talk to him first, so I yelled in my eagerness.

"Okay, brother!"

While he was transcribing, I had been watching him with my chin resting in my hands.

From a distance that was closer than I had initially thought, he opened his mouth slowly to speak without taking his eyes off me.

"What have you been up to?"

Oh? Why would you ask that? Sigh!

"Did you miss me, brother?"

"...."

"I missed brother, too."

His expression on his face has changed slightly, probably due to my words. I looked at his face that had a milder atmosphere than usual as if he had been possessed.

I can't get used to his looks no matter how many times I see him.

His thick fluttering eyelashes, and his golden eyes glowing below them. There is also a deep tear spot that is placed under his left eye.

His eyes were drowsy and seductive.

He is a man who stood out in such strong splendor just due to his appearance, no matter how dry his expression.

Despite that basic fact, however, I swallowed a sigh in my mind as I watched the second male lead, who had no emotions.

"If you smile, you'll be many times prettier..."

My "inner thoughts" popped out of my mouth without realizing it.

"What?"

"Oh!"

I quickly covered my mouth with my hands, but it was too late. Jungkook looked at me with his eyes wide open in an expression of surprise that I rarely see.

How should I explain that outburst? I rolled my eyes at my own actions and looked at Jungkook again.

We were just staring at each other without saying a word, but the basket I had put on my knees fell down.

The grapes, apples, and oranges in the basket all rolled away.

"Ugh!"

Surprised, I got up in a hurry and tried to pick up some of the fruit. At that time, another child sized hand came up and covered mine.

"Stay still."

His thin hands trembled.

As if this is the first time I had been in direct contact with him, I held onto him tightly and felt surprised.

"Are you sick?"

I was a little surprised by his unexpected strong grip, but it didn't hurt at all.

What's with this power?

And what is the reason behind this unusual kindness from him? Is there a grape in my mouth or something?

While glancing at me, who couldn't hide my puzzled expression, Jungkook began to pick up the apples and oranges that fell onto the floor.

After I had been standing there in a daze, I followed after him hastily.

"I'll pick them up, too!"

I went to grab an orange in front of me and put it in the basket.

I bent down and picked it up.

Jungkook picked up all the fruits that had rolled quite far and put them in the basket.