Chapter 31

I sat alone in the room and thought over what the Duke had said.

“I thought you understood what I was saying… Why did you react like that? Do you really hate your son that much?”

I let out a sigh. There is a huge difference in attitude between the Duchess and the Duke.

The Duchess basically felt sorry for Jungkook.

So I cheered her up and listened to her worries through our letter correspondences.

Then I also grew attached to the Duchess. She was actually a lonely, soft-hearted person.

She was stuck in her room as a type of self-defense, not because she was acting in a twisted way like the Duke.

“He really is twisted. He really is.”

Judging from the reaction earlier, his relationship with Jungkook is unlikely to change that easily.

“Was I too hasty?”

I should have looked at the situation more before I said anything. I pushed the topic because I was so furious when I heard that he had intercepted my letters, but I regretted it at the same time.

I let out another small sigh and stood up.

I was so worried about our relationship turning for the worst again because of me being away for seven years, but I was so relieved to see Jungkook smiling brightly.

I really was glad that he seemed like a regular male lead, not the regretful male lead that I have always wanted to prevent. Even so, I felt frustrated because his relationship with the Duke was still broken.

“What the hell did Jungkook do wrong? No matter how similar they are, they have to get rid of the bad relationship now.”

Of course, I didn’t think the pain he suffered would easily go away, but what did Jungkook even do wrong.

It was too harsh for a child who hadn’t sinned once since he had been born.

“What a fool.”

It would have been too late later when he realized what he had done.

It wasn’t early, of course, but it wouldn’t be too late for them to mend fences now. Please, you have to.
[T/n: mending fences is fixing their relationship.]

I looked out of the window blankly as I thought about it, and I noticed Doggy and Damien walking together.

Looking at Doggy, who looked happy even from afar, I smiled quietly.

Jimin, the sub male lead I saw in the original novel, wasn’t that cheerful. He was a feisty and rebellious character.

“Yes, let’s try step by step. The sub male lead has changed, so the Duke could also change. Even the main character, Jungkook, has changed?”

I told myself a bunch of hopeful words and left the room. There is nothing that cheers me up quite like teasing Doggy and petting his fluffy stomach.

“Hey, we need to get our act together.”

“I know.”

“Did you see his eyes?”

“But he is our master’s brother, so you’d better not speak recklessly.”

“What do I have to do? My teeth still chatter at the thought of getting kicked out by him!”

“Isn’t it too late to grind your teeth?”

“Argh! You need to be alert!”

Doggy and Damien were talking in the corner of the red rose garden.