Chapter 15

Jungkook caressed the top of my head, petting it with one hand, and then ran his hand down.

He spread his fingers and felt the texture of my hair, which felt as if he thought it was luxurious silk, and swept it off my shoulders and slowly brushed through my hair.

This is really common for us now, but my heart was moved because I felt like affection was buried in his touch.

He wrapped his other hand around my body and patted me on the back at regular and comforting intervals.

When I first looked at him, I couldn’t help but be filled with a lot of compliments.

I can’t believe he is so beautiful like a doll. So beautiful that he could comfort others without trying.

His face was buried in his shoulders with emotion evident in his posture.

Yeah, just like this.

He just needs to live like a human being.

I was wondering what kind of expression he had on his face, so I forgot that I was scared.

I wanted to enjoy this atmosphere.

My favorite. Your sister is so happy.

I put my face on his shoulder and waited until the thunder stopped, and in the end, I fell asleep without realizing it.

***

Jungkook held his sleeping sister tightly in his arms.

The child’s body is warmer than he would have thought. Being so close together, he had the illusion that the warmth she was emitting was seeping into him.

Without saying anything all this time, he slowly uttered something only after Lisa had fallen asleep.

“I’d like to include you in my schedule…”

He really wanted to listen to what his sister had asked of him before, but it didn’t go as he had wanted.

He first noticed that his father’s gaze at him had changed. In the past, if it was mere contempt, he would automatically stare at him with wary eyes.

Still, Jungkook asked for it.

He wanted to include Lisa in his schedule so that he could meet her freely.

[Absolutely not. That child is too good for you]

It was the duke’s reply when he refused his request.

Originally, he would have accepted the Duke’s refusal without questioning him.

However, he wanted to keep his promise with his younger sister.

So he asked his father every day, but the answer that came back was the same every time and the number of hits he received increased more than usual.

“I wish I could be with you all day…”

At first, I wondered what she meant. That she wanted to be included in his schedule.

However, from the moment Lisa became absorbed in her daily life, he realized that he wanted to be with his younger sister.

He missed Lisa who kept following him.

He really didn’t know that the desire for something could make him feel so desperate that he could hardly bear it, even before when he was all alone.

“Um…”

Despite the thunder being weaker than before, Lisa flinched and frowned.

Jungkook covered the child’s ears with his big hands.