Chapter 5

Jungkook, who usually did not show his internal feelings on his face at all, stood in front of his father’s study room with a nervous look.

Until just a while ago, he had dinner with his father, which made him feel like he was walking on air.

Of course, not just the two of them, Lisa was with them, but it was still good.

He was happy.

He thought his father had finally recognized him as a son.

However, after Lisa returned to her room first, his father’s expression changed dramatically.

His mouth became tightly closed and his gentle smile was erased, and his soft eyes turned into a manly and stern glare.

First, he left the dining hall and asked Jungkook to come to his study room.

The room where he is always disciplined is his father’s study room.

He tried to open the door as casually as he usually does.

But he didn’t want to go in today.

He had never felt this way before.

No wonder he wanted to rebel…

Jungkook shook his head to chase away the strange thoughts he had been having for a while.

Then he hastily turned the doorknob.

The grand and imposing door opened without any sound.

The shadows in the room, created by the dim light, snaked around the walls like monsters waiting to eat him.

Jungkook looked blankly inside the study room and stepped in with his emotionless face.

02_Plan A

It’s already been a month since I came here. I feel a lot more comfortable within the castle because I have now become a lot more familiar with it.

Holding a basket of snacks in my arms, I checked all of the places where Jungkook could be.

The duke seemed to be changing little by little.

When I first called for Jungkook, he showed disapproval, but in the end, I called for him as much as I wanted.

I am very proud to see him eat well. But I haven’t met the Duchess yet.

She didn’t open the door even if I visited her. I ended up having to return to my room after my maid told me that I couldn’t meet her due to her weak mind and body.

Well, this past month must have been the time when her depression is at the worst peak.

Even if she didn’t see me, she would have felt upset after hearing about me.

Now is probably when her hate and resentment towards the Duke, who has been cold and indifferent towards her son but caring and warm to me, is reaching new heights.

Knowing the difference in our treatment, it is hard for me to seek Jungkook out. I feel guilty for my desire to become friends with him.

Out of the castle, I ran toward the dusty field.

This field, which is used by the Knights, is farther away from the castle. The duke’s personal training field is much closer.

Maybe Jungkook is there.

If he was moving according to his schedule, he would have a class after lunch and is wielding a sword in physical training, but it was a little hard to get away from Amber, but whenever I saw Jungkook from afar, I felt strong enthusiasm rise up inside me.