Chapter 17

The duke listened quietly to the owner. Jeoness Empire has no spicy food after all.

However, it is naturally something that has ended up distributed in the empire because it is not part of the neighboring countries.

And at the center of the empire, the duchy is located at the center of it. It is a place where various kinds of food are gathered, and the spices are also diverse.

I listened to the owner and grabbed a bottle of black pepper separately. The reason behind it was because I wanted to go home and show it to Jungkook.

“I’ll take one separately, so charge the receipt properly.”

“Yes, milady.”

The owner, who diligently packed the spices, gave me a bag of spices, saying it was free service. I then put my hand in the container to grab a pinch and smelled it.

Oh, this is the pepper they have here.

“It’s a good quality pepper. But I can’t help but be nervous as the most powerful Duke, in this country that produces these peppers, is here.”

But the owner of this spice shop actually appealed to me.

The money is being spent by the duke, but he seems to have quickly noticed that I am the person he should actually try to sell to.

“Thanks.”

“Don’t mention it.”

The owner had a charming smile and gave me a tip.
“There is a small but fairly spicy restaurant just a short distance from here. Would you like me to introduce them to you?”

What, there is a spicy restaurant here?

I didn’t think that there would be a place that sells spicy dishes in the Empire because I only went to the streets especially for aristocrats each time.

In that area, there were only teahouses, dessert shops, or professional restaurants with course menus on the streets for the aristocrats.

I looked at the Duke right after hearing the owner. The duke smiled when he saw my sparkling eyes.

“I didn’t know my daughter liked spicy food…”

I suppose so. I wouldn’t have liked it if I was originally from here.

But I’m Korean.

If I can’t eat spicy food for a day, I’ll probably get sick!

Shooting a begging look towards him, I pleaded with the Duke with my hands clasped together.

“I was so curious when I read about it in a book.”

The Duke’s eyes closed for a moment as if my cute pleading was too much for him to withstand.

The duke then held my hand. The servant behind us handed the gold coin to the owner and packed the sauce.

“Thanks to my daughter, it’s my first time eating spicy food.”

He said and then we exited out of the store happily. The place the owner told us about was not far away, but it was inside an alley, so we had a little trouble finding it.

But the familiar scent that was stabbing at my nose had already made my mouth water.

I was rushing towards the shop, but someone pretended like he knew us.

“Long time no see, Duke.”

Oh? That’s a familiar voice. Who is it?

I could not remember immediately, but I turned my head to look for the source of the familiar voice.