Chapter 39

Act 6: Plan B

I did plan to change the story, but I guess it got too lopsided.

I never thought that the romance between Jungkook and Taehyung would change.

Who would comfort his heart and love him?

I stared at Jungkook and let go of his wrist.

Alright, go ahead. Touch all you want.

Touching wouldn’t wear out my cheeks, but I was feeling sensitive for some reason.

I kept smiling, but all he did was stare at me.

That  gaze curved up, and that alone made me feel comforted.

There, right there. That’s my bias.

He knew how to touch other people now. And he knew how to maintain eye contact.

He grew up a lot, I’m telling you.

There was a tremendous improvement compared to the beginning.

As he stroked my cheek, I spoke to him with a gentle tone.

“I’ll find your love for you, Brother.”

So what if it wasn’t Taehyung?

The vast Empire was filled with people who would definitely love him.

Wasn’t my bias just so handsome?

And he had good skills and a good family. He’s the full package.

As he listened to me, his eyes were still curved upwards.

“Alright.”

I also smiled broadly as I listened to his voice, which seemed to be very pleased by what I had just said.

Jungkook stayed with Lisa until she fell asleep again, then returned to his room.

After bathing and changing his clothes without asking for assistance from any servant, he found a box on his desk.

It was a relatively large box with several envelopes inside, and beside it was a separate envelope.

“Jeon Lalisa,” he murmured as he rubbed his thumb over the carefully written letters.

He opened the envelope next to the box with the name ‘Jisoo Jeon’ on it and read the contents.

「 It is only right to return these to the owner, even if it’s late. 」

His mother’s letter was brief, however, given how shaky the handwriting was, it was clear that the words were written with great care.

Starting from a certain point in time, his mother began to be more like a mother to him. There were many times when he felt unpleasant rather than happy.

It felt dreadful.

His father abused him, and his mother neglected him.

When he was younger, he visited his mother a few times. Vaguely, he might have wanted to be loved by his mother.

But throughout it all, his mother was consistently cold.

Why was she doing this all of a sudden?

Jungkook suspended his mother’s letter in the air. With some power from Enzo, simple spells like this were doable for him now.

The letter that was hovering in the air quickly lit up in flames and disappeared.

Then, Jungkook took out Lisa’s letters one by one and read them.