Chapter 21

Jungkook tied up his horse and jumped into the maze forest.

It was hard to see in this labyrinth of darkness, but it wasn’t hard for him to navigate.

—Not that way. Go left.

It was because there was an existence guiding him. Of course, he wasn’t naive enough to let him know he needed him that much.

—What do you do when you train? Your training can’t be used in practice… tsk tsk.

—…

—You’re not answering again. Anyway, a guy who can’t do anything without me is being stubborn. I don’t know why you are my descendant, but you are being obvious.

Shortly after Enzo’s words ended, flames were created around Jungkook.

His magic flame was black, not red like a normal flame.

Due to the wizard’s influence, he could also use a variety of stronger magics, but they all contained black magic, and so it emitted an ominous feeling.

The side effect was that Jungkook could not taste his food properly for a long time, and the average person could not easily come near him.

The only exception was Lisa.

Anyway, with Enzo’s help, Jungkook was able to safely enter the maze forest.

“Lisa…”

Jungkook let Enzo do as he pleased this time.

Normally, Enzo couldn’t interfere without Jungkook’s permission.

He doesn’t know what others similar to him would be like, but Jungkook was able to prevent his ancestors’ interference by his own volition.

However, sometimes a strong feeling was conveyed to him, so he also became well aware of Rachel’s existence.

Enzo was a little excited by the fresh air he hadn’t breathed in for a while.

This frustrating descendant has usually refused to allow any interference from him because of his obsessive tendencies.

Sometimes he could wiggle his way into his mind and say a word or two, but it didn’t ever last long.

He also had a strange feeling. Enzo was the first black wizard in the Empire and he could basically do whatever he wanted, and yet he couldn’t control one little kid.

Even if he had the power of the dead.

Jungkook moved as Enzo instructed.

He found Lisa’s energy by easily tapping into the intricately woven wavelengths of mana.

—From here, go to the right.

Jungkook seemed weighed down by the maze forest’s energy, for the first time since he came in.

He can’t believe his sister was in a place like this. His mouth dried up because he felt like he had to find her as soon as possible.

His stomach was bursting in frustration, but he suppressed it silently.

Sensibly aware of his feelings, Enzo grinned and recited.

—You’re so nervous. You really seem like you like that kid huh?

—…Shut up.

—You shouldn’t talk to me like that now… should I just stop here?

Jungkook's face crumpled by his threatening words.

Normally, he would have pushed him out, but now he’s the one who’s making him frustrated.

—Please… find her quickly.