Chapter 24

Jin glanced at Jungkook. How the hell did he find Lisa?

After his son took off like that yesterday, he sent out the knights everywhere.

He even thought about sending a request for support to the Imperial Family.

Before that, he decided to look for her one more day.

He only slept through the night after the attack due to his injuries, but the traces of his daughter’s captors were already erased and disappeared by the next day.

And Count Elrand. He also disappeared into thin air.

He still hasn’t figured out whether magic was used or not, but he was now also the subject of the knights’ pursuits too.

He had been stabbed in the appendix area, but he couldn’t feel the pain.

He thought that if he lost Lisa like this, he’d rather be dead.

He didn’t have the courage to see Namjoon even after he died.

He stayed up all night, but he didn’t feel tired. It was not until his daughter returned safely that he could only relax. Only then did he feel tired, but he had to talk to his son first.

He thought that he had to stop his son’s love even now. The Duke closed his eyes tightly and opened his eyes that were enveloped in tiredness.

Lisa and Jungkook.

He just couldn’t wait and watch the two of them fall in love.

His anxiety about that had been growing for a while but he became much more concerned after the most recent incident. Jin stared at Jungkook, who just stood calmly in front of him.

“You have failed to fulfill my duty as a successor, and I must pay for it.”

Jungkook failed to uphold his responsibilities as the heir.

When danger would befall the Duchy, the heir had an obligation to protect the family while being protected in the house.

Jungkook blinked slowly, as if he had expected a reprimanding.

This is also different from before. He didn’t express much when he spoke before, but he still slightly expressed his fear.

But now he hasn’t budged at all.

Like now no matter what he would say, it won’t hurt him.

This punk had lost his mind.

How dare he be around Lisa with that kind of face.

What did I do to deserve this?

Why do I have to live in pain?

Jin’s mind still replayed the events of his past at the back of his eyes, his head hurting even as he held his temple, a throbbing sound thundering in his ears.

His father tormented him even after he died. Handing over the same face to his grandson, and pressuring him.

[ You are not normal. It is frustrating and annoying that I have no choice but to offer the Dukedom to you, who is not normal. Now that my grandson is born, you are nothing but a bridge between that brought the true heir, Jungkook! ]

Shortly after Jungkook was born, this was what his father told him.

Jin looked at his son without hiding his tiredness.

I don’t think it’s too late. He’s sad, too, but this is the only way I can think of.

It wouldn’t be too bad to think of it as protecting Lisa.