Chapter 27

05 – Lisa at 19, Jungkook at 24

This is just too much!

I won’t ever want to sneak out of the estate again. Dad, how could you do this to me?

While stretching myself out in the carriage, I murmured inwardly.

After arriving at the southern villa, I waited constantly for the Duke’s call.

I expected the words, “Now that we’ve caught the kidnapper, come back,” and “I missed you”, but the Duke didn’t say those two phrases.

Do you like that place?

There must be something you wanted for your birthday that I could bring back for you.

You didn’t have anything you wanted?

It was a letter full of concern and affection for me but the response I wanted never came.

As I huffed all by myself, I was with Doggy who sat across from me and just chatted about whatever came to his mind.

“Master! It’s been a long time since we were in the capital. But the south is fine, too!”

Yeah, it’s good, the south.

The villa was quite spectacular, with white walls matching the beach and emerald roofs combined with other sea colors.

The sea was near the estate, so I could eat delicious and fresh seafood to my heart’s content.

At first, I was blinded by mysterious buildings, emerald seas, and new customs, but it has been a week already.

I assumed I’d be back in a few months, I could deal with it if it was only that long.

I thought I’d be able to see my bias soon.

So how could you leave me here for seven years?!

You still haven’t caught the kidnapper? That booger king! He’s going to bother me till the end.

“Master, are you feeling uncomfortable?”

Damian, who was next to Doggy, asked me. I shook my head roughly.

“What the—did something happen that made you feel bad? You really wanted to go back to the capital, though. Shouldn’t that make you feel better?”

I just stared at Doggy as he babbled on, my mind scattered. Doggy is a complete adult now.

His boyish facial features used to be so strong, but now they have disappeared without a trace. Even his neck thickened and his adult aura has become much stronger.

His luscious voice went through a period of metamorphosis and became a soft baritone voice that made the hairs at the back of my neck rise.

“Master! Look over there, over there! Do humans like that kind of thing?”

Still, his cheery tone has remained the same.

That’s why he’s still Doggy!

“There are people who like it.”

“So is it something you like, too, Master?”

What Doggy is pointing at is cotton candy. The fluffy shape was just like Doggy.

Even if I pick any aspect of it, it’s just like him even down to its color.

Then Amber spoke.

“Miss, you know you’re going to debut this year, right?”

“Yeah.”

I’m quite aware of that fact.

That’s right.