Chapter 22

“…That’s right.”

“I hate people who lie the most.”

“……”

“Are you not going to tell me properly?”

I folded my arms and opened my eyes, and then he mumbled and told the truth.

“At first, I thought you’d like it. But then I was scared because he was just rushing in…”

“Look! You did something wrong. That’s why you got kicked out, why are you angry?”

“…But how could you just throw me away without giving me any chances?”

I couldn’t scold him more because he wasn’t wrong. And because of the depressed look on his face.

Do you really think I abandoned you guys?

No, I was trying to save your lives!

But then you guys almost died anyway. He probably wouldn’t try to understand even if I told him the truth.

I sighed a little and then said.

“…I’m sorry about that.”

“If you’re sorry, take responsibility!”

I sat in a straight posture, watching him.

I’m sorry, I really am sorry, but I can’t let you be rude.

I gave a strict order.

“Sit!”

Even though I ordered it for the first time in two years, Doggy sat down with only his butt on the ground as soon as my order was over.

The only sad thing is, he’s in his human form.

A handsome man crouching with his hands on the floor, staring at me politely, and with his butt on the ground.

Now… I think I’m about to open my eyes to something new.

No, stop thinking weird stuff.

I was shaking my head not to be swayed, and then the wind blew hard.

“You’re here?”

The place where Doggy and I were hiding looks like a cave, and Doggy shouted out loud toward the entrance of the cave.

Hey, what if that crazy guy hears him?

“Be quiet, Doggy!”

Doggy looked at me because of what I said and shut himself up.

I heard footsteps coming from outside the cave.

Who is it? I squinted and looked at him, who smiled softly when he saw me.

Oh, who was this other handsome guy?

“Long time no see, Master.”

A handsome man with dark brown hair and light wood colored eyes greeted me in a low and smooth tone.

Huh? Master again? No, there’s no one else who’d call me that.

But I took a look at the bunch of strangely familiar colors and looked at the handsome man who approached me again.

Come on, don’t tell me…

“No way… Damian?”

“I’m glad you remembered me, my Master.”

“You were a shapeshifter, too?”

“Yes, I am.”

Somehow I thought he was an ordinary animal.