Chapter 20

This time the Duke was speechless. He couldn’t take his eyes off his son’s face.

The gaze that Jungkook had at that moment, as though he suffered tremendously at the thought of losing a loved one… was the same as the face the Duke saw in the mirror every single day.

“Jung—”

The Duke tried to call him again, but Jungkook was one step faster.

He ran back and jumped back on his horse.

“Young Master!”

The nearby knights followed him, but Jungkook was faster. In his head, Jungkook organized the information he had heard.

He then suddenly disappeared from the streets. Those who attacked were more likely better than his father.

And that it hadn’t been long since they had disappeared.

Nevertheless, the Duke’s Knights couldn’t find them.

While sorting through the clues left behind, Jungkook paused for a moment.

And he called out for someone in his head.

—Enzo.

—What? What’s wrong with you? Calling me so casually.

—Find someone.

—Who? Your beloved sister?

This sly mage just never listened. That’s why Jungkook didn’t usually let him speak.

At some point, Enzo’s voice began to resound in his head. Jungkook couldn’t remember when exactly that had started.

Perhaps he had heard his voice ever since his melancholic days started.

—You’re not answering again. Even though you’re young, you’re being rude. How many times have I told you that if you have a favor to ask, you need to be polite, huh? Even if you’re the heir to the Jeon family, you should listen to me properly.

Jungkook’s expression remained unchanged despite this inner voice’s nagging. He just asked again.

Unlike his expression that remained unfazed, his voice seemed to tremble.

—Find her. Please.

—…

—Lisa… Please find her…

Enzo thought about swallowing this poor bastard up in one bite.

He wanted to dig into the darkness in this guy’s heart and take over.

But it wasn’t the right time just yet, and he was curious about this sister of his.

So Enzo, a great archmage, showed uncharacteristically helpful goodwill.

—The child you’re looking for is trapped in the maze forest.

Enzo could easily tell where Lisa was. The knights had already given the right answer. It hadn’t been long since the kidnappers disappeared from the streets, but the knights still couldn’t find them.

In addition, Lisa could easily be detected by magic because she had a completely different wavelength from ordinary people.

He thought it was strange when he first saw her.

As soon as he finished speaking, Jungkook pressed on even faster.

Located at the end of the Imperial Capital, the maze forest sits on the edge of the capital city wall.

He headed to a place not far away, while rushing the horse. Enzo grumbled at him.

—So you aren’t going to say thank you again?