Chapter 42

No, I think it’s better that he’d go blind, that dangerous man.

He should at least have a handicap or something. Ah, but no, it might be too much. The spirit of darkness was said to feed on people’s dark emotions and fears, and because of that, the food that it eats was everlasting.

Anyway.

I was starving and the very delicious-looking spicy finger food was very tempting.

Can I have one?

But Jungkook grabbed my wrist the moment I tried to reach for the egg tart with the darkest red hue out of the bunch.

“Why, Brother?”

Jungkook glared at the dark red egg tarts instead of me.

“What’s wrong with this color?”

Indeed, if you aren’t used to spicy food, you’d be suspicious of it.

But really, was someone in the Imperial family a fan of spicy food?

Otherwise, there’d be no way these would be served in an Imperial banquet.

“I don’t think you should eat this.”

“Why?”

“The color is questionable.”

“Keuh.”

I hurriedly covered my lips with my hands. The way my bias said that so seriously was so funny.

Well actually, it’s true that the color is suspicious.

But I want to know how spicy it’ll be…

A mischievous thought occurred to me at that moment. My bias has never eaten spicy food.

Should I give you a taste?

I looked up at Jungkook with puppy dog eyes.

“Then, why don’t you try a little first?”

I can’t believe I’m going to see Jungkook eat spicy food for the first time right in front of me!

I’m such a successful fan!

And without hesitation, Jungkook ate one entire dark red egg tart in his mouth.

“No, just a little…”

The egg tart had already disappeared before I could finish my sentence. Jungkook chewed with a blank face, then gulped it all down still with an unreadable face.

No… I think his eyes are a little red… and a bit watery…

“Huu…”

Jungkook exhaled deeply and looked at me seriously, yet with moist eyes.

“I think the person who decided to serve this food should be punished.”

Every time he breathed out as he spoke, the distinct scent of peppers came out.

It certainly wasn’t a normal spicy level.

What made anyone serve such dangerous food at an Imperial banquet?

Well of course—I totally like it.

I ate the egg tarts despite Jungkook’s dissuasion.

Tears welled up in my eyes the very moment I took a bite, and a throbbing sensation hit my tongue immediately, but then it quickly subsided.

I was very satisfied by the tingling sensation on my tongue.

“Lili!”

Surprised, Jungkook grabbed my shoulder and stared at my lips.