Chapter 29

When Lisa said that to him, Jungkook experienced speechlessness for the first time in his life.

Why was she suddenly asking him about Kim house’s young lord? He couldn’t figure it out, but he felt horrible just hearing it.

Looking at her sparkling blue eyes that resemble the night sky, he felt all the more anxious. What the hell does she want to hear from him?

“Eyy, don’t be so shy. I’m very understanding!”

Yes, but what the hell was she talking about?

But Lisa’s response would not be different if he said anything here. In that case, he had often seen her jump to conclusions like this since they were young.

‘I know everything. So it’s okay to tell me.’

That seemed to be what she was saying with her expression, like anything he said would be okay. Jungkook was comforted by her expression that she’d reserved for him since they were young.

‘You sympathize with me. You understand me. There was a time when I thought like that.’

But now that he considered her actions again, the difference was subtle, but there.

The scenario about the letter too, what he just heard was rather absurd and ridiculous. He wanted to reply by asking what was the meaning of what she said—that he never replied back.

How dare he doubt her.

Even with the only letters he had heard about that came from her being addressed to his Mother, he certainly couldn’t resist hearing about Lisa’s life.

After being warned by his father, he made a plan. As he said that one day, there are two things that should be planned closely.

From the day she gave him presents and cookies. He thought about her constantly.

He actually liked his mother’s attention. But he was not really interested in making her confess her sins and then make her ask for his forgiveness though.

It had nothing to do with him, even if his father and mother talked about things that they had never been able to open up about and had actually lived like a relatively married couple.

There was already someone who had made him feel the warmth of sweet affection, and now his parents’ affection had not been very impressive to him.

Nevertheless, the reason he stayed close to his mother must have been because she brought up stories about Lisa from time to time.

It was then that he found out that my mother and Lisa were exchanging letters.

He was resentful of Lisa a little bit, who didn’t send him any replies despite sending many to his mother, but it was just for a short while.

‘Just don’t forget about me. I just really want you to remember me.’

It was only a short time he spent with her in this huge castle, but now it’s full of memories with her.

When he was studying alone in the study room, he often looked at the door unconsciously.

When he was training at the practice grounds, he could sometimes hear a faint voice calling him “Brother” from somewhere.

After she went down to the south, when the three family members ate together at his mother’s request, he could still see Lisa sitting across from him and cutting her steak.

With such confidence, Enzo said.

—That’s a disease. But I understand you. You can go crazy at least once, right?