Chapter 7

“Pardon?”

The Duchess continued, looking coldly at me. As if she didn’t want my answer from the very beginning.

“I hope you don’t put your head in the sand, under the illusion of an oasis.”

I spoke in a very small voice without hesitation, but I could understand what she meant.

So, she’s warning me huh.

What I enjoy now is a mirage, and don’t forget your place because this fantasy will disappear someday.

“Why aren’t you answering?”

I had no choice but to nod at the words that the Duchess pressured me with.

I will be careful even if you don’t warn me. So please focus on getting better and healing from the disease of your mind and quickly take care of your son.

“Of course. Don’t worry, Duchess Jisoo.”

I smiled as harmless as I could. I didn’t want her to doubt me. I wanted her to take care of Jungkook as soon as possible.

Gradually…in order for my favorite to live like a normal person, I am supposed to leave this house.

I shouted profusely that I would change the original work, but no one knows what will happen, so it would be good for everyone, that could be a hindrance, to disappear from Jungkook’s sight when the right time comes.

+

Since the day I met the Duchess, I began to write down my plans in my notebook.

First of all…

Help the Duke and Jungkook get closer.

For example, eating together, having tea time, or going to a salon together.

Salons would depend on the type though.

There are salons where only ladies gather, salons where only young children gather, salons where only young people gather, or salons where only young people gather or male aristocrats gather.

There are various kinds and classes.

The Duke frequently participates in the Black Rose Salon.

The name was given because the original creator who made the salon is the ancestor of Duke Jeon.

The salon was named the Black Rose because the Jeon Family has been born with only black hair for generations and the family’s symbol is roses. The salons hosted by Duke Jeon were pretty exclusive because most peoplearistocrats could not come in.

I wish the Duke would take Jungkook to the salon. In the original, he went there only after the Duke had already died.

And I had to think about the Duchess.

Aside from the mental illness, I had to do well to mend our relationship because her feelings towards my father were not good.

Thinking about it, the Duke wasn’t the only one whose life was ruined by that horrible night in his youth.

The Duchess was also damaged.

In the original work, no definite narrative was drawn between the two, but later the Duchess shouted at the Duke and cried out.

This marriage had already gone wrong since the very beginning! We missed the first step! Then why are you doing this to your kid? He didn’t do anything wrong! You’re the weird one! If only you were normal!

The reason why I remember this line is because of the fact that I memorized it due to me reading it too much, but the Duchess, who shouted this line as if she was throwing up blood, falls down.