Chapter 46

ELSIE'S POV (Daniela's POV)

I took a deep breath and continued.
"Ang problema lang naman ninyo ay kung papaano kokontrolin ang mga tao ng Styria hindi ba? And so currently, nasa akin ang buong loob nila. Spare my life and in exchange, I'll assure you that I would surrender all of those people to the Aragon empire.. By that point, you don't need to enter a war with them.. Walang dadanak na dugo." Mahabang paliwanag ko.

Napahawak siya sa kaniyang chin at napatango. "That's a good idea.. Everything would be easy and clean.." Kumento nito. "Pero... paano kung mas gusto kong pumasok sa digmaan? Just by looking at those people.. We'd probably win without any casualties.."
Napahigpit ang hawak ko sa 'king palda. That's.. Hardly true. When there would be a war, siguradong mananalo ang Aragon. Obviously, it's a war between an empire and a kingdom. Talagang halata na kung sinong panalo.

"You.. Don't want it to be done in a clean way?"

"Nope... I like war, you see."

"Talaga? Seryoso?"

"A double Yes."

Kingina! That's my last shot! Wala na akong alam! Nooo!!!

/(>___<')\

"Zeid, kung may konting kabaitan ka pa-"

"Don't ask for mercy."

Ugh!

From that moment, my flimsy string of hope just got snapped. Napalibot ang aking tingin sa paligid. Kung tatakas ako...

Hindi pwede, siguradong madali niya lang akong mahuhuli..

"But now that I think about it, " Napabalik ang aking tingin sa kaniya. "I have some quite-so-big problem right now.." Tuloy niya.

Quite-so-big problem?

"I know that you already knew this.. I'm having a little problem in marriage.." Sabi niya and started to tap the table with his index finger. "Those little fat flies (Aristocrats) are rushing me into marriage and I've already reviewed the lists of candidates but none of them got even a little bit of my standards."

Somehow, I have another bad feeling about this.

"In the good side-fortunately, I've found someone who could buy me time while I still don't have a very suitable one." Dagdag niya.

"And that someone?" Napapalunok na tanong ko.

Biglang sumiwalay ang ngisi sa kaniyang mga labi. "Say, why don't you fill that position for the time being, princess of Styria?" Suhestiyon niya and that struck me like a lightning.

(O___O)

"Fill.. That position?" Parang lutang na ulit ko. "You'd use me as a temporary bride to marry you until such time na makahanap ka nang suitable bride?" Pangungumpirma ko.

"Correct." Sagot niya at itinigil ang pag-tap sa lamesahan. "But of course, there'd be problems... Firstly, you need to persuade the Emperor to accept you as a candidate in the upcoming crown princess selection-that I postponed for a couple of times. Secondly, you need- no, you must win in that competition."

The crown princess selection. Doon naglalaban-laban ang mga iba't ibang mga noble ladies galing sa mga iba 't ibang kaharian for the position of crown princess.