𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 4- 𝒃𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒘

"Okay, school's over

"Okay, school's over. Can we go home now?" Farkle asks the group. It was mainly directed towards Riley, though, because she made us stay to hang out in the "hole".

"Who wants a hug?" Smakle asks while gesturing her arms out.

"Stop with that!" Zay tells her while smacking at her hand.

'This is not how I'm gonna live my high school life." Lucas tells the group, upset.

"What if there's a good reason the seniors wanted us here? What if it's to teach us something?" Riley asks him while taking a step forward. I'm happy she's stepping up for herself, but couldn't she pick literaly any other fucking time to do that. How does she not see that her faith in everybody else but him is what's hurting us the most.

"What if you just have too much faith in people?" I say quietly, hoping that she doesn't hear. The last thing that I want is for us to be fighting too.

"What if I have exactly the right amount of faith in people?" Riley tells me angrily, but with a smile on her face. This girl is always happy even when she's yelling. It's what I love and hate about her.

"Bird." Maya says while pointing at a random spot. Riley instantly starts to look for the fake creature with a smile on her face.

"How am I best friends with that?!" Maya exclaims in an angrily joking way.

"Okay, you know what? That's it. I'm going to look around. Come on, Zay." Lucas tells us and then walks up the stairs. Lucas is right behind him.

If I have learned anything about my friends, it's that there are only three sides to take. On one side it's Lucas. This is the side that Zay is always on. On the other side, it's Riley. Maya always takes her side. Then there is the undefined area. Smacklle and Farkle live in this zone. They take the side of who they think is right in that situation. I, on the other hand, am a mess. When it comes to fights, I become the mediator. It's not that I am good at it, it's just hard for me to pick sides. I'm too connected to both Riley and Lucas. So, I help work out the problems and don't choose. It's worked out pretty good so far, but I think that's going to change. This is going to be the biggest fight yet if I don't stop it soon. I just don't know how.

"They left?" Riley asked Maya, Farkle, Smakle, and I.

"Maybe they have the right idea." Smakle tells her.

"Yeah, I don't know what we're supposed to be learning down here." Farkle agrees and walks away with her. I guess they've chosen their side. It doesn't surprise me though. They lost their confidence as well as Lucas.

It was just me, Maya, and Riley left.

"Okay, everybody! Follow me!" Riley yells while standing in a "soldier" position. Me and Maya both look at eachother with annoyed faces.

"Undiscovered country in every direction." Zay says while leaning on the ledge besides Lucas.

"Riles!" Maya says in a disbelief tone.