𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 23- 𝒊'𝒎 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒖𝒑𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏

Hours after getting the results, I still had a headache

I was lying on my bed with pillows tucked behind my head and back. Dad called the Matthews and now my bed was surrounded by people. It was making me stressed, which did not help my throbbing head.

"Did they give any type of explanation?" Aunt 'Panga asked from the chair by my desk. Lucas was lying on the bed next to me, Mr. M. sat on the end of the bed, and my dad stood by the wall with his arms crossed.

"No. They just said that she had a seizure." Dad answered.

"What does that mean? She just happened to have a seizure? Something had to have caused it." Topanga said.

"They don't know, that's all they said," Dad repeated, frustrated.

"So you didn't ask them?" Now 'Panga was getting frustrated too. "What kind of doctor saw her?"

"Uh, uh, a nurse. It was a nurse I think." He put his head in his hand with the other one still crossed around his chest.

"You think it was a nurse? Topanga yelled. I slid over to Lucas and dug my head into his side.

"I don't-- I don't know. The whole thing was-- They just said that she had a seizure and, uh, and that was all--"

"What is wrong with you?! You're her father. You have to be more responsible than that, Shawn! I mean, what--"

"Topanga," Mr. M said, trying to calm his wife down. "His daughter just had a seizure, come on. Us fighting is obviously not helping the situation here." He gestured over to me, still curled up into Lucas. "It's been a long night and I think the best thing to do right now is to get some rest." Topanga and Dad both nodded.

"Come on, Lucas. We should leave her alone." 'Panga said. Lucas looked down at me hesitantly. I could tell he didn't want to leave, but he got up anyway. He bent down and gave me a kiss on my forehead before leaving with the Mathews.

"Good night, Cupcake." Dad said and started to leave."

"Wait," I stopped him. "Please stay." He sighed. "Nessa, like Cory said; you need sleep."

"Please..." I begged.

"Fine." He walked over to where I lied on the bed and got in next to me. I cuddled up to him just like I did when I was little.

"I'm sorry." I told him.

"For what, angel."

"For everything. For what I said at the hospital and for scaring you." He exhaled and kissed me on my forehead.

"I love you, cupcake."

"I love you too, Mufasa."