𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 9- 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒅𝒐𝒎𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍

———in case you forgot:                      |zay||maya| |smakle| |lucas||riley| |farkle| |vanessa|———

———
in case you forgot:
                      |zay|
|maya| |smakle| |lucas|
|riley| |farkle| |vanessa|
———

"Why massacre? Why you got "massacre" up there? Why can't you just tech us names and dates?" Marly asks annoyed.

"Marly Evans and what she learns today! That's the name and date I care about. All of you and right now. Are you listening to me?" Mr M asks.

"Mhm." She sassily replies.

"Good. It was the patriots who founded our new land and it was the patriots who fought for it."

"Why do we remember the Alamo? Farkle, Smakle, a duet. Go."

"The Alamo was a small, isolated fortress with a handful of patriots inside who felt it was important to stick together and fight for what they believed." Farkle then gestured to Smakle, who stood up.

"They were surrounded by a much larger number of people, coming at them from all directions, who believed this place belonged to them." She continued and then gestured to Mr. M to finish, before sitting down.

"The patriots desperately wanted reinforcements, but they never came." He finished

"What happened to 'em?" Mr. M asked.

"They stayed in their fortress and gave everybody a friendly smile, and eventually, they walked upstairs."
Our little hopeful girl replied to her father.

"They were massacred." He tells her.

"Then they walked upstairs?" She asked.

"No, but that battle gave birth to a slogan. What was the slogan?"

"Remember the Alamo." Lucas replied.

"Remember the Alamo!" Mr. M repeated.

"And why do we remember the Alamo? Lucas and Zay, a duet." Both of them stood up. I turned around to look at them.

"Because the patriots gave their lives for the greater good." Lucas started.

"That battle had only just begun, and some years later, that land became ours, and the name of that land was..." Zay continued.

"Texas!" They both yelled in unison. Lucas slapped Zay on the back.

"Stop it!" He yelled.

"Right, Texas, your home." Mr. M said.

"So, guys, that's why we remember the Alamo and why we remember all the battles that we fight in an effort to make our new place a home. Now you can stay massacred or you can realize the battle has just begun."

"We were kings Matthews." Maya tells him

"Kingdoms fall."

"Everyone who believes they're going to rule the world falls." Mr. M says, directing it to Farkle.