𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10- 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔

The next day, the group, Marley, and the rest of our class walked in

The next day, the group, Marley, and the rest of our class walked in. The first thing we noticed was the emptiness of our classroom.

"Woah, did a very specific robber come in here and steal all of our desks?" I asked.

"Our classroom is empty. Oh, come on! Who does this?" Marley exclaimed.

"Me." Mr. M said innocently. Marley scoffed at him with a hint of amusement.

"Okay, so what I want to ask now is why?"

"Everybody take a seat. Go on, go on, have a seat. What have you learned in high school so far?"

"We're not kings anymore." Lucas replied.

We're Abagail Adams Patriots." Riley continued.

"Abagail Adams once said, "To be good and to do good is the whole duty of man."

"Do good"? Don't you mean do well?" Marley asked.

"Do you know what the funny thing is about history, Miss Evans? It repeats. I mean "do good." That, right up there..." He pointed to the words above the chalboard that read, "Dream, try, do good" "That's always gonna be my lesson plan."

Now, when the patriots looked out at this new undiscovered land, it was what?"

"Rough and undeveloped, like us." Zay replied.

"Very good, Mr. Babineaux. But they stuck together and they made it their new home. So will we. Let's fill this room. Let's fill this room with knowledge. What do you know?"

"I have faith that in a new place you can learn from the people who have already been there." Said Riley.

"Very good."

"Go get your desk." Roley got up and me and Maya got up with her.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Where are you two going?"

"In any new place, or old place, or any place at all, I stay with her. I'm always with her. But I knew that a long time ago." Maya replied.

"Vanessa?"

"I've been without her for a whole day. Give me this Mr. M!" He chuckled and let me go help my best friends get our desks.

"Lucas, what do you know?"

"There are stronger people than us here.

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"Get stronger." Zay replied for Lucas.

"Farkle?"

"There are smarter people than us here."

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"I think you know." He answered.

"All right, everybody, go get your desks." Everybody went to the hallway and brought their desks to the correct spot.