𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 25- 𝒃𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕

After her seizure, Shawn took Vanessa to the hospital while Cory and Topanga stayed behind to watch over Auggie and Riley.

Both Shawn and Vanessa had a newfound hatred of hospitals and didn't like that they had to enter one again, so when they pulled up to the hospital, they sat there without making a move to get up.

Shawn looked over to his daughter and studied the distant look in her eye as she stared out the window. He sighed and unbuckled his seatbelt.

Once they checked in, Vanessa was sent away to a small room to be tested. She watched as a nurse put a hairnet-like contraption around her head. It was white with colorful wires that ran down her back and plugged into a machine.

As the light flashing began, it blinded her, but she kept her eyes as wide as she could. She assumed that if she didn't do it right, she would have to do it again and she sure as hell didn't want to do it again.

Once the light stopped, she blinked a couple of times and looked over to the nurse for the results. "Am I okay?" She asked, quietly.

"That's not for me to say, but you seem fine to me." Vanessa sighed. She knew something was wrong, but all the doctors kept thinking otherwise.

"I've seen this dozen times before," the nurse continued. "usually with bankers and wall street guys who come in all stressed out. There's nothing wrong with them. It's all in their heads."

Bullshit. She thought.

After the nurse's tests were done, she was led into another room where the doctor would meet with her. 
She sat there for a couple of minutes before an older-looking man walked in.

"Hello, Vanessa. I'm Dr. Bernard." Vanessa looked up and nodded at him.

"Okay, let's see what we got here..." Dr. Bernard trailed off as he sat on a metal stool in front of Vanessa. He opened up his laptop and skimmed over the test results.

After a couple of seconds, he looked up at Vanessa with a friendly smile on his face. "Look into my eyes and tell me honestly, because there are no judgments here. Have you ever tried any alcohol?"

"I mean, I accidentally took a sip of my dad's beer when I was 11 because I thought it was my root beer. I didn't like it though so I spit it right out. I swear that's it though." The doctor nodded his head.

"Any drug use?"

"No, of course not."

^^ sorry for this shit, but I'm tired and can't think

^^ sorry for this shit, but I'm tired and can't think. so this scene is with Shawn and dr. b in another room without Vanessa.

"Plain and simple? She's partying too hard, not sleeping, and working too hard at school." Dr. Bernard explained his findings to Shawn.

"What? I can believe the part about her working too hard, but she doesn't party." Shawn replied and the other male sighed.

"Look, I've seen this happen a lot in teens making the transition from middle to high school. It's a change in life, a move to adulthood." (a/n- this is not scientifically true, I have to change things from the movie because the woman this stuff is based on is 24 when all of this happened to her and Vanessa is only 15. A lot of the stuff in this book will not be completely accurate, but I'm trying my best.)

"That's what you think this is?" Dr. Bernard nodded.

"Mr. Hunter, I have nearly 20 years of experience in this city. I've seen it all. Just make sure she is cutting back on the amount of school work, extra-curricular, and the hanging out with friends that she does outside of school. Sometimes freshmen take on too much stress and it can cause things like this to happen. Also, make sure she takes the anti-seizure meds I prescribed, and everything should be fine. She can go back to school tomorrow."

Shawn sighed and nodded. "Okay, great. Thank you."

"Vanessa should be waiting outside." Shawn nodded and walked over to the door. When he opened it, he saw Vanessa sitting on a bench staring at the boring beige wall next to him.

"Hey, cupcake. You ready to go?" He asked while putting his hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him slowly and nodded. They made their way out of the hospital and back to Shawn's car.

Once she was buckled in, Vanessa rolled down the window and looked out. When she glanced at the side mirror she expected to see her reflection as disheveled and awful looking as she felt, but what she found was much worse.

Or instead, it was what she didn't find, because when she looked in the mirror, her reflection wasn't there. She reached out to the mirror and touched it. When nothing happened, her breathing quickened.

"You okay, angel?" Her dad's voice snapped her out of her state and she looked over at him.

"Yeah, fine," She lied. "I just wanna go home and lay in my bed." Shawn nodded and put the car in drive and as they made their way home, the little Hunter family had a lot on their minds.

*981 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔*

𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 25 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 (𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚, 𝑰 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 6 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆). 𝑨𝒍𝒔𝒐, 14.5𝒌 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒔!!?!??! 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖! 𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 (𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒉𝒚𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰'𝒎 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒕.) 𝒑𝒍𝒖𝒔, 𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒕, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒇𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 (𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒐𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐𝒐 long) 𝑨𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒚, 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏! 𝑩𝒚𝒆! :)