𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 22- 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅.

Vanessa and I were cuddled up on the bed

Vanessa and I were cuddled up on the bed. We were watching Captin America: The First Avenger, one of her favorite movies. She got tired sometime in between the movie and fell asleep on my chest. Now, I was staring at her beautiful face with Chris Evans' and Haley Atwell's voices in the background. She looked so adorable when she slept. I feel honored that a girl like her was sleeping in my arms.

Vanessa started mumbling in her sleep. She only mumbles when she has nightmares, so I tried to calm her by whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

She unwrapped her arms from around me and began to sit up. This has never happened before.

Once she was sat up she lowly grunted and wheezed. "Princess, are you okay?" I asked. Instead of responding, like I hoped she would, she began to moan. I turned on the lamp next to her bed so I could see her better, and then it happened.

 I turned on the lamp next to her bed so I could see her better, and then it happened

"Vanessa! VANESSA!" I woke up to the sound of screaming. Scared out of my mind, I ran over to my daughter's room. I shoved open the door and saw my worst nightmare.

My poor girl was shaking violently on the bed with Lucas hovering over her.

"Lucas!" I yelled, trying to get his attention. while running over to the bed.

"I, I don't-- she just started shaking, and..." He studdered.

"LUCAS!" I interrupted him. "Call 911 now!" He nodded and picked up his phone from the bedside table with shaking hands.

While he dialed 911, I kneeled down to my daughter. I put my arms on her shoulders to try and stop her from shaking. "Cupcake, please," I begged with tears coming out of my eyes. "I can't lose you too. Please!" I hoped with everything I had that she could hear me right now. That she would stop.

"911, what's your emergency?" I heard the emergency dispatcher's voice on speakerphone."

"My-my girl-my friend, she, she's having a seizure."