chapter 15

Aryan

I groaned when I felt a kick on my thigh and my bed rocked it was finally Sunday and I thought I will get to sleep till late but this girl had some other plans.
"Get up its past 7"she shouted jumping up and down on the bed.
I rubbed my eyes before opening them and looking at her.
She was still in her PJ's and her hair were saying she just wokeup as they looked like a bird's nest.
"Its sunday Rose"i said laying on my back and putting an arm behind my head.
"But you promised today we will go back to Far rockaway "she pouted sitting down crossed legs.
"And we will but it's so early"i said looking at her tiredly.
"Why are you up so early"i asked her as I did not wake her for Salah because she got her woman nature appointment yesterday.
"Because I wants to go back I missed everyone so much"she said putting a hand under chin and looking at me rocking slightly.
I took her arm in my hand and drag her down enough that she was laying she squealed in return and I chuckled before wrapping an arm around her.
"Go to sleep we will go but right now let me sleep"i said laying on my side and closing my eyes
"I am not sleepy"she said but I just shushed her patting her back.
She snuggled closer to me and I ran my hand through her hair because I knew it made her sleepy.
And in just 10 minutes I heard her breath going steady and I knew she was asleep I chuckled at her silliness she was not sleepy and was out in just 10 minutes.
I closed my eyes cuddling her closer to me to welcome my much needed sunday slumber.

.
.
.
.
.

It was noon and we were back home I was sitting in the living room with mom Hania and Hashim and Rose has went to meet her Dad and twins.
"I am really happy you decided to visit"mom said as I laid my head in her lap.
"I missed you"i said and Hania snorted.
"Yeah now mom's favourite son is home obviously we are going to be ignored"she said teasingly causing me to laugh.
"Yes yes jealous pepper"i said showing my tongue to her.
"Jealous and me huh"she said scrunching her nose.
"Don't be like that to your brother"mom scolded her and I winked at her.
"How was your week there tell me about it"mom asked me as she ran her hand in my hair.
"It was good overall"i said vaguely as I knew she will soon started to ask about each and everything.
"hmm how is Rose"she asked and I smiled I knew she will ask about her
"She is fine did not you see her"i said playfully and she laughed ruffling my hairs.
"You know what I mean did you take care of her and how did she take moving out of city"she said
"Well first day she was a little off but when university started she was fine she is adjusting to the new things but I know she will be fine because she took it alot better than I had expected her to"i explained thinking about her silly nature.
"Take it easy on her be patient with her ok she is very sensitive just give her sometime you will start to like her just try to give her a chance"she said and I got up and sat beside her looking at her.
I looked at Hania and Hashim who were busy in their phones playing some game.
"I am trying to give her a chance mom I am trying to give our relationship a chance I wanted to talk about it to you but not infront of these two idiots"i said and they both looked at me shocked
"So rude dude very rude"hashim said getting up and going to his room.
While hania also stood up.
"Before you tell me to get out I will take my leave with respect and dont tell me Rose has told me alot already"she winked at me before running upstairs.
I looked at the stairs in shock
"What was that"mom asked
"I dont know"i said adverting my gaze at her
"So where were we"she asked.
"Well I wanted to talk to u about Rose since you are so keen on knowing about our relation"i said wiggling my eyebrows and mom pushed me.
"I am just worried about you and her she is just like Hania to me"mom said
"But she is not Hania"i said
"What do you mean by that"mom asked confused.
"Living with her this week I realized mom she is so naive and innocent I had thought of her to be mature and confident but she has proved herself to be the most innocent and pure mom but when we moved I thought I will try to maintain some distance from her but within this week she broke the barrier she is like some magnet I can't help it but gets drag towards her" I said with a lost expression as I remembered how I never get friendly to people that easily but I got so comfortable with her in this such small time.
"Well isn't it amazing than"she said smiling at me.
"Maybe I dont know but and oh my God mom I forget to tell you she offers prayer with me you know I recite Quran to her and she than repeat it with me she can read Arabic too"i exclaimed.
"I know she told me she was learning"mom said and I looked at her dumbfounded.
"Why did not you tell me"i said with a scowl.
"Because at that time who knew she would be your wife one day"she said and before I could say anything she came in grinning like a Cheshire cat.
Its been so many days since I saw her smile like this and being carefree roaming in our house.
She came in and plopped down on the couch.
"Where is Hania and Hashim "she asked looking around
"How is your dad and others"i asked.
"They are fine Jaxon is so happy "she said
"You should spent sometime with them as we have to leave in evening"i told her as she was so eager to meet them she had woke me up at 7 in the morning.
"Well hania is in her room you can go there I am gonna go into kitchen to prepare lunch"mom said getting up and going towards kitchen.
"Okay"rose said standing up and going towards stairs taking two steps at a time.
I shook my head at her childish action.