Prologue

"Today is the day where Casey Gardner will choose her university, where she will play for the next few years. Some say that the decision has been made and that she will be part of UCONN with his old teammate, Paige Bueckers."

"Casey Gardner, future UCONN star?"

"How will UCONN give Casey Gardner a chance to be No. 1 in the future?"

I turned off my television. All this news was driving me crazy. In an hour I would have to choose between one of the three best universities. But my decision was already made, right?

***

Three Caps, University of Connecticut, Stanford and California.

I turned my gaze back to the last cap, "University of California? It is a joke?" I looked at my father, who was sitting behind me trying to hide his smile. My mother was among the reporters offering Pie.

"California? UCLA? The worst team in recent years? "

I snorted, looking back at the hat in the centre, Uconn Huskies, however, I couldn't stop looking at the blue hat.

-Few minutes between you and Uconn, Case.- I heard my father's voice in my ear and tried to nod.

-Why did you put the cap on ...?

-Good morning, we are here for the selection of Miss Gardner, the 18-year-old prodigy who has averaged one of the brightest numbers in the last decade of women's basketball-I stared at the caps in front of me, feeling the sight of everyone, the flashes, the bustle, the colours. Without overthinking, I raised my hand to take the cap from the centre.

After making the decision, I heard silence. I assumed it. No one expected that the cap that was on my head would say

-UCLA ???!

And... welcome to this new story! 

Hope you like it and have an incredible time reading it.

-Itscucupi-