Chapter 2

-Get out.-It was the only thing my father said when we reached our destination.

Since the selection's day, he changed the way he spoke to me. He hardly speaks, now and tries to avoid me when I am in the house. The only time he spoke to me for more than a minute was to tell me that I've ruined my future. I know. I deserve it. Since I was in high school, we have talked about joining UCONN. But the reality is that I don't understand why I chose UCLA. Maybe it was the flashes, the noise, the people. Nowadays, I tried to see the positive side of it.

The University of California wasn't that bad. It was gigantic. The clear space and the trees, which were losing their colour, gave me the peace I needed and a feeling of loneliness.

Without waiting for Doug to say something, I grabbed my things from the trunk, slung my bag on my shoulder, and approached my parents. Elsa was crying desolately and hugged me tightly.

-I still remember when you were born, you didn't look like...

-Elsa! I'm not going to die. I'm only getting rid of you for four months. A blessing. Don't you think?-I said, trying to be tough. She hugged me tighter, and this time, I hugged her back.-I'll miss you too, mom.

I felt my eyes burning, but I wouldn't cry, not in front of them. When we parted, my dad stood in front of me, still looking at me seriously.

-Bye, Dad.-I gave him my hand so that he can shake it, but he just looked at me and sighed.

-You know? I always thought this moment would be special. That Paige, you and I would make fun of your mom because of how she's crying. That we would hug each other, and I wouldn't want to leave you. And now that I look at all this. I think, did I do something wrong?

-No-I was going to keep talking, but he interrupted.

-Why don't you choose UCONN? I put UCLA's hat just as a joke, you know? To give them hope, but not for you to choose them. The worst team in America in the last 20 years!-At this point, he was raising his voice.-You were the ace, Casey!

-Honey... I think we should calm.- My mom tried to calm her spirits.

-No! Honey... she made us wait four years! And she chose this damn school!-He took a few breaths, then started again.- Just one thing. Please, promise me this will be the only thing on your mind. I don't want distractions.

-Promise.

He didn't say anything else, just nodded and got into the car. I said goodbye to my mother again and watched them go. I sighed and took my things, walking towards the building.

-Good Morning. Hmm... I'm Casey Gardner, a freshman.-I talked to the receptionist.

I saw how her eyes lit up with joy.

-Our celebrity! Welcome! This is your key, your itineraries and a map in case you get lost. You will surely bring much glory to our beloved university.

I gave her a small smile followed by a "thank you" and started my way to my room. I noticed how everyone turned in my direction and whispered things I didn't want to know.

I spent an hour trying to find the correct hallway, but this was difficult. Day one, and I hate this place.

-Lost?- I heard a voice behind me, and I found a beautiful girl looking at me seriously. Apparently, she was also arriving. She wore a backpack on her back and was carrying a suitcase with one arm.

-Something like that. This place is gigantic.-I waited for her to talk, but she didn't change her expressions.-I'm...

-The star.-She answered ironically.-I believe that everyone here knows your name, Gardner. Your room? Which is?

-237.

She rolled her eyes and started walking, leaving me alone behind her. Damn! "Bitch", I thought. I was going to turn my back on her and try again alone until I heard her soft voice.

-Where are you going? Follow me, you famous! Or are you just another athlete with no brain?

Annoyed, I began to follow her reluctantly. It took us a while until we reached a hallway full of doors wide open with students arranging their things. We continued walking until we found my room. I opened it and saw how she opened the next door, without telling me anything else.

Ok, I will update my previous comment. College wasn't so bad, but I hated this bitch.

Hello, everyone! How are you? 

Hope you like this new chapter! If you want to correct grammatical mistakes, you're welcome! (Or say "you're doing everything wrong, you fool") I want to improve and write a good story for you!

You can vote and comment if you like the chapter, it would be awesome!

Thanks, a lot! And see you next time.

-Itscucupi-