Chapter 1

-UCLA? Are you fucking kidding me, Casey?-I heard Paige's voice on the phone. And I couldn't answer, my sight was in the thousands of news on my computer. All related to how Newton's ace chose a mediocre basketball college to pursue his career. I was biting my nails, trying to eliminate the last hours from my mind, but they kept coming.

* Flashback *

-Casey Gardner, future UCLA player. Congratulations to the university for having the great jewel in the crown among them.

I ran to my room, waiting for all the reporters to leave."What did I do?"

I watched as everyone left the house, and soon I felt like someone was opening the door.

-What the hell are you thinking, Casey ?!-My father yelled from the door.-Embarrass us? Choosing a mediocre college and then running away? What happened to UCONN? With everything they offered us? Do you really believe that all the sponsors will continue to support you, knowing that you didn't choose the best candidate? Nobody cares to see the ace if she wins nothing! You're an idiot!

His words were destroying me, but I knew he was devastated.

-Doug! Honey, we should leave her alone.-Elsa was trying to calm things down, but I don't know if it was working.

I heard the door, and I could only hide my face on my knees and cry.

*End of flashback*

-Casey! Are you ignoring me?-My friend brought me back to reality.- Sorry, I didn't mean to say something wrong. I just thought we had a plan to destroy the others.

She laughed. I tried to laugh at her joke but couldn't.

-It's not the end of the world, Gardner. UCLA is not a poor university. Just because they haven't won in 20 years doesn't mean they won't do it in the future. With you.

-Should that encourage me?- It was the first thing I could say to her, and she sighed.

-You can't change what you did, but you can do your best and hope for the best.

-Lose and not even pass the first round in the finals? That everyone forgets about me? Let the others think I am the biggest stupid in the universe, and I ended up selling hot dogs on the beach?-I hid my head in the pillow, shedding a few tears.

-Or, you can try it and see what happens. I will support you whatever happens.

I pulled my wet face out of the soft comfort it was in and looked over at my cell phone.

-Thank you, Paige.-I said with a small smile and the ghosts of my crying.

-Now, get out of that misery you're in and train your ass. You have a long way to California. See you, Gardner.

-Goodbye, Bueckers.

I looked at the cap that was on the floor, the one I had thrown furiously after locking myself in my room. I got up and picked it, wearing it on my head for the first time. I arranged my hair and tied my sneakers. I went downstairs, opened the door, and ran. I ran, letting out everything I had. I ran, feeling like everything was fading. I ran until my lungs didn't give any more.

-Casey? Is that you? -Elsa's voice was heard from the kitchen when I closed the door.

-No, I'm a thief. I hope you give me all your belongings and shut your mouth.

She, however, approached me, hugging me tightly. My instinct was telling me to "push her", but I was so tired, and I needed this. I let my arms go around her small body, and I let go of all the tears that I have been holding.

-Maybe we can talk to those at the university and tell them that you changed...- She started to say after a while.

-I will.-That was the only thing I answered.

I separated from her and went to take a shower, feeling how it relaxed my muscles.

"I will do it. I promise I'll bring the championship"

Hello!! This is the first chapter, I've never written a full story so this is a challenge for me.

I hope you like this and if you have any suggestions to improve the story, I'll hear them.

Let me know if you like the story, you can vote and comment!

Thanks!!

Pd: I'm here if you want to talk. :D

Pd2: Have you signed this petition?

http://chng.it/LWvzwhhdwC

See you next time!

-Itscucupi-