Chapter 5

-And Gardner throws the ball, and... triple! The stadium goes crazy.-My friend related while I practised.

The practice was over, but I decided to stay a while practising my shots. Evan, who became my support during the first month of school, came to accompany me and take advantage of the time to complete some overdue assignments. I should do the same though every time I sat down to study, I couldn't concentrate. I was cursing the day my parents decided that writing would help me when the reality is that it helps me giving me headaches.-So Saturday is your first game, huh?-Evan asked me with a soft voice, almost with fear for my reaction.

-Yep.-I said reluctantly, trying not to think about that.

To be honest, the match against NC was dominating my thoughts since I found out about it in the morning. Despite having practised with the team all this month, it was still quite difficult to coordinate as a group. They didn't trust me, and to tell the truth, I didn't trust them either. They were nothing compared to Newton's team, although I knew there would never be players like that.

I sighed and approached the blonde to sit next to him. He looked at me kindly, putting away his books.

-I'll hit you if you tell someone, but I'm scared. It is the first time that everyone will see the team where I am, and I am considerably scared that it will not turn out well. And, maybe, just maybe, I'm scared to meet Cunane. She's one of my friends from Newton, and the best centre ever.-I explained after the confused sight of my friend.

-Hey.-He said, putting an arm on my shoulder to conform me. -Everything will be fine. You are Casey Gardner! The Ice!

-Ace.-I said, laughing at my friend's ignorance in sports terms.-Casey, you have a great team, maybe not Newton's one, but I know you'll be fine with this one.-I snorted and got up from the place to walk a bit.

-If that's called a team-I started ironically.-They don't even speak to me for anything other than criticizing me for what I do. If I can be honest, I don't think even the cheerleaders will animate for me on Saturday.-I said somewhat reluctantly, looking down at the ground. I felt like my friend left his place to get closer to me.

-Does this have something to do with certain cheerleader? -I didn't dare to look at him, so he continued talking. -So you still can't talk to her, eh. I think you should try. She doesn't seem so bad.

-Sure.-I added unenthusiastically.-Because she doesn't hate you. In my case, she cannot stand me for five minutes. And then I have to listen to Sharice say that I shouldn't talk to her. I don't even know what that means.

My friend decided to shut up and hug me. I clung to his body, letting his strength comfort me. The blonde became the best thing that happened in this place.

We both decided to get off the court and take a walk around the campus. At first, we told each other simple things like complaining about the teachers, but then the questions got deeper.

-And that's how my mother discovered that I liked women.-I said, feeling my cheeks burn.

-I understand you.-Evan said understandingly, but suddenly he changed it to a more surprised face.-I mean, I understand you because I also like women.

I only laughed for a moment, though quickly my attention was fixed on a certain dark-haired girl who was up ahead, sitting again under a tree writing.

-I seriously think you should talk to her and stop stalking. It begins to be murky.-He said jokingly, and I looked at him, offended.

-Hey! I'm not stalking her. I'm just watching like a normal person.

My friend just laughed out loud and announced that he would go back to his room to finish his homework. I watched him leave, and for a moment, I was going to enter as well. However, I felt someone touching my shoulder. I turned to find Izzie behind. I was surprised because it was the first time, since the first day when she helped me, that she approached me. Luckily she began to speak because my brain was unable to formulate any words.

-The teacher Bradley told me about your problems.-I looked at her strangely, without understanding.-You are terrible at Literature, Gardner.

Now I understood what she meant. Bradley had warned me that I wasn't delivering good projects because he noticed my understanding of the topics. It wasn't my fault. He uses a lot of rare terms while explaining a new theme.

-Sure! And you discover it, and now want to have fun?

-I have to help you.-I opened my mouth in surprise.

-Do you know about literature?-I asked, and she looked at me hard, so much that I regretted asking her that.

-Yes. Is that impossible? What? Can't a cheerleader know about literature?-I didn't want to make it worse, so I shut up. She understood my silence and started to talk again.-We will have classes every Tuesday and Thursday after training.

I was going to complain since it was hard enough having to train every day to add literature practice to my schedule.

-Do you have any problems? Is it very hard for you? -"Was this a challenge?" I thought.

-Not at all, Taylor.-I answered confidently.

A small smile glimpsed for a second on his face, though I couldn't appreciate it for long as it instantly erased. Without saying anything else, she arranged her backpack and walked away from me, while I watched her go. "Chapin was right! I'm a stalker." I turned my face trying to find another point of attention, but my gaze automatically drifted back to Izzie, making me smile.

"Practice with her on Tuesdays and Thursdays? I'm starting to like it "I thought before entering the building too, still smiling

Hello again, world! How are you? Is everything good?

I hope you like this new chapter! If there's a mistake, you can tell me!

The idea for this fanfic is completed, at least till now haha. So, I'll be posting during the week new chapters.

Well, see you next time! Thanks for reading this and vote! 

-Itscucupi-