Chapter 1

Lucy's pov

Looking up at the apocalypse dragon as he stared down at us from the sky. I could feel my body throb from the battles that we had fought and won today but I knew it was nothing like the pain that we were about to feel.
"Hey Luce, it's going to be okay" Natsu said with his signature grin as he grabbed one of my hands while Gray grabbed the other.
"I know, we are all going to be okay and even if we aren't, we are going to be together at least '' I said, squeezing their hands and looking at the ground to calm myself down.
"Luce, no matter what happens , remember that we are always with you, '' Natsu said, which I found confusing. Why was he saying this? I mean we were together and about to be attacked by the apocalypse dragon Acnologia so of course we are going to be together. Looking up I saw all the fairy tail members smiling at me, even Laxus but for some reason they seemed bitter-sweet.
"Now" Natsu said and my eyes widened as I felt his hand grip hold tighter before swinging me off my feet and into the air.
"Ice make: Glacier" Gray said and I felt the coldness of the ice freeze over parts of my body. The scream that I let out was that of a wound animal but it wasn't because of pain. Tears streamed down my face as I screamed seeing the fairy tail members smiling at me while holding hands. They were sacrificing themselves while getting me off the island. Why? Why did they do this? Why would they not try to get away with me?
"Natsu! Gray!" I screamed but I didn't stop from being propelled across the sky but the two boys magic.
"Please! Don't leave me alone!" I screamed out, begging them to stop, begging them to let me stay with them.
"Goman Luce has lots of adventures for us" Natsu said and I somehow heard it.
"Take care of yourself and remember all the good times," Gray said.
"Hold your head high my child and remember you are part of Fairy Tail" Makarov said.
"Live on Lucy," Erza said.
"I'm sorry Lucy-san, please continue to fight," Wendy said.
"Lushee eat lots of yummy fish, okay?" Happy said and I cried tears streaming down my face as I could no longer see them. Seeing a blast of Natsu's magic coming up the ice I looked and saw I was now over the ocean. Without hurting me the fire got rid of the ice making me plunge into the ice cold ocean.

Natsu's POV

Throwing Lucy off Tenrou Island with Gray's help was one of the hardest things I had ever done. Listening to her screams and pleas to stay with us broke my heart making tears stream down my face. I clenched my hands tighter, making Gray and Laxus squeeze back in comfort.
"It may have been hard flame breath but this way she will survive" Gray said tears streaming down his face.
"I wish there was a way to save all of you, my children," Makarov sobbed.
"It's okay gramps, we would rather be here with you" Laxus said, grabbing hold of his grandfather's hand and squeezing it. This was it, we were going to die now. Looking at the sky I saw Acnologia charging up an attack that was sure to destroy the whole island. I couldn't find it in myself to be all that sad though because I knew that Luce was going to be safe and continue to have a lot of adventures for all of us. Closing my eyes I waited for the inevitable to happen.

Gray's POV

Watching my ice magic take Lucy away from us I felt my heartbreak at the cries that she was letting out. This was the girl that had comforted me on Galuna Island when I saw that demon that Ul had used her life to seal. The girl that had been through so much with us that I wouldn't hesitate to give her my very life. Looking out of the corner of my eye I saw Loke disappear with our gifts with a sob. I wish I had been able to finish the exam with him as my partner. Looking into the sky I was Acnologia preparing his attack and I closed my eyes ready for it. The only thing calming me down from breaking down was knowing that Lucy was going to survive even if we were going to survive.

Laxus POV

I watched as Natsu and Gray combined their magic to throw the celestial mage off the island and away from the attack that was going to happen. I remember when I had first met Lucy, it had been when Phantom attacked Fairy tail, to think I had rejected helping her. The bruises that she got from Phantom took a while to fade and then also facing her father down had earned her a lot of respect in my eyes. There were also fights during the fairy tail parade. She had managed to not only beat Bixlow but she had also managed to get the guild to stop fighting and work together. Lucy was one of the strongest, bravest and beautiful mages that I had ever come across. I was glad that Natsu and Gray had gotten her away from this because she didn't deserve to die this way.

Makarov's POV

Watching as at least one of my children escaped this death I let out a relieved sob. Lucy was so happy when she got her guild mark it made me remember back to when I was a child and got my guild mark. I had watched her fight and grow through a lot of hardships along with the rest of my children. Thinking of them brought another sob from my mouth. I didn't want to leave them alone without a master but as a master it was my job to at least protect the children around me. Flashes of all the guild members flashed through my mind until once more I thought of Lucy. Her smile and laughter was contagious and no matter how much pain she was in, she would always smile. With that thought my mind was put at ease, the guild was fine after all they would have Lucy who had become the heart of the guild.

Lucy's pov

When my vision focused again after hitting the water I felt arms around me. My breath hitched and I quickly turned. Instead of Natsu, Gray, Erza, Mira, Wendy or even Laxus it was Aquarius who had me in her arms. Looking at me with sorrow in her eyes.
"Aquarius? Where are Natsu and the others?" I questioned but she shook her head.
"I'm sorry Lucy" she whispered and I turned in the direction that I was sure Tenrou Island was in. Instead of seeing the island that I was looking for all I saw was a large crater that water was flowing into.
"No! No!" I screamed trying to get out of Aquarius's arms but she held me tight.
"I'm sorry brat but they are gone and you swimming towards that hole and getting yourself killed would waste the sacrifice that your friends made to protect you" Aquarius said. Breaking into sobs I turned to the mermaid spirit and hugged her. Unlike the other times she didn't push me away, she pulled me close to her and hugged me back.
"Is that...Lucy?" I heard making me turn to see a council boat. There on the deck was Mest which confused me.
"Mest, you got off the island as well. Does that mean?" I asked daring to hope. My hopes crashed to the ground when he shook his head.
"My name isn't Mest, it's Dorenbolt and I work for the council. I left the island before it was destroyed by Acnologia" Mest no Dorenbolt said.
"I see," I whispered.
"Let's get her out of the water before she catches a cold or is sucked into that" Lahar ordered.
"Go with them brat and don't forget that we are with you" Aquarius smiled before disappearing.

After being pulled onto the deck and having towels wrapped around my body to try and dry me off it hit. The fact that I was alone now other than my spirits, the fact that I would have to go to the guild and tell them that the others weren't coming back and the fact that I had survived when the others hadn't. Trying to hold my tears in, I curled over myself and held my stomach. Feeling a hand on my covered back I looked up to see Dorenbolt rubbing my back.
"I am sorry Lucy, I am so sorry" He said. I wanted to tell him that it wasn't his fault, that there was nothing he could have done but no words would come out of my mouth.
"I had a room set up for her, when she is ready we will need to take a statement but for now I think we should let her rest" Lahar said walking towards us. Without a word I got up and followed him to my temporary room.

Entering the room I threw myself on the bed and just laid there without moving. I wasn't sure what I should do, I had cried all the tears that my body had to give and I didn't think I could open my mouth to scream without throwing up.
"Lucy" A sad voice called, making me turn to see Loke was standing there with a sad look in his eyes.
"Loke" I whispered and suddenly he grabbed me and pulled me into his arms holding me tight to his chest.
"It's okay, I'm here now. Cry all you want, scream all you want and lash out all you want" Loke said. Even though I had thought that my tears had run out I let out a scream into his suit jacket and cried.
"Why? Why did I get off? Why didn't they come with me? Why?" I screamed. Loke didn't answer after all, neither of us knew the answer, all he did was hold me tightly and rubbed my back. Once my throat finally gave out on me I just sat there holding onto Loke, terrified that he would leave me as well.
"Lucy, I have something for you. Before I left the island Gray gave them to me" Loke said and I looked up to him as he pulled back. After digging into his suit he held out his hand that was clenched and I put my own hand out and took the gift. There on my hand was the necklace that Gray always had around his neck. Reaching my hand out I gently touched the blue gem set into the silver sword before pulling it to my chest.
"There's another one, I'm sorry that I couldn't manage to save them Lucy" Loke said before handing me the second thing. Clenching my hands I realised what I was holding, it was one of Natsu's vests. Sobbing, I hugged it to myself, holding it tight.
"Come on Lucy try to get some sleep" Loke suggested hugging me and making me lay down. It didn't take long for my eyes to start to close. With everything that has happened and all of the crying that I did exhausted me. Putting my head on Loke's chest I listened to his heart beat while drifting to sleep knowing that when I woke up I would have to figure out how to tell the rest of the guild that they were gone.