Chapter 6

Lucy's POV

Master had decided that he would announce the Grand Magic Games a little later on since we still had six months.
"Hey Luce, how about we go on a mission? Like old times" Natsu grinned happily holding up a flier. It was a flier to get rid of some Vulcan's in the mountains.
"Maybe you guys should test out your skills first? You have been sleeping for seven years" I reminded them.
"Testing out our skills seems like a good idea," Erza smiled.
"In that case I think that I'll get in on this action as well gehe" Gajeel smirked while cracking his knuckles.
"In that case why don't we have our own little one Vs one matches. One person from the Tenrou Island Vs one from the people not from the island" I said.
"Are you sure you guys can handle having all of us? I mean I don't think anyone can hold off Gildarts or Master" Levy worried.
"If they want to test their abilities as well, I will take them on myself" I said.
"Are you sure about that Lucy? I am not looking down on you or anything but-" Gray said, unsure how to continue.
"Who do you think you're looking down on, Ice cube?!" Angel yelled with a glare.
"Lucy is the strongest mage here, she is even stronger than me" Cobra growled.
"There is no one that can stand up to Lucy, she is the best," Racer said.
"If you think that you are able to defeat her then you truly are looking down on her" Midnight scoffed.
"Geez you guys like to jump into a fight to protect my honour don't you? It's okay, in the past I was weak and everyone here was stronger but now it's different. I've spent the last seven years training and now no one will be able to beat me. But enough about me, are we going to do these battles?" I asked.
"Sounds like fun, what do you think Old Man?" Laxus asked, looking at Makarov.
"Sure thing but make sure that you take it outside" Makarov smiled.

That's what brought us to now, everyone was outside the guild hall and ready to watch the battles that would happen.
"So who wants to go first?" Makarov questioned. Instantly everyone started to talk, calling out and putting their hands up waiting to be the first fighter.
"How about we let Lucy decide?" Makarov smiled.
"In that case, Natsu Vs Midnight sounds good" I said.
"Yeah, I'm gonna beat you so fast they will give me another oppionate" Natsu grinned punching his fist.
"I would not get so cocky. The last time you tried to fight me, you couldn't even touch me and I have gotten a lot stronger" Midnight said, sighing as he got up from his carpet.
"Okay here are the rules, you are not to leave this circle, you have thirty minutes and you win by either making your opponent leave the circle, making them give up or knocking them out" I explained and they nodded.
"In that case, fight" I said and instantly Natsu charged straight head on to Midnight. For someone like Midnight who could bend any type of magic except for physical attacks away from himself, it would never work.
"So what are flame brain's odds?" Gray asked.
"Slim to none, also I should probably give you this" I said reaching towards the necklace around my neck.
"Keep it" Gray said and I looked to see his hands were clenched and his hair was covering his eyes.
"Alsack said that you haven't taken it off for seven years, same with that old vest of Natsu's. They are what kept you going right?" Gray asked.
"Yeah, that and the wall of drawings that Reedus made. Some days I thought I'd made you guys up. That you were all a figment of my imagination but then I would see this necklace, vest and those pictures. When people realised that I was doubting you guys they would tell me stories about when you guys were little. I should probably hand this back after all it looks better on you" I said with a sad look on my face.
"Nah it looks a lot better on you, plus if it bothers you that much I can get a blacksmith to make another one for me" Gray said and I sighed.
"I'm not going to talk you out of this am I?" I enquired and he shook his head with a chuckle.
"No you're not and I'd watch out, Natsu has been eyeing that vest like he wants to give you more" Gray chuckled and I looked at the vest I was wearing. It was black with gold around the outside like his normal vests but this one had been patched so many times it wasn't funny and in places it was held together with safety pins.
"That wouldn't be too bad," I whispered, wrapping my arms around my stomach. Turning my attention to the fight I had to hold in a smile that wanted to break out. Natsu was getting frustrated and wildly attacked but Midnight still hadn't moved.
"Since Lucy asked me to battle I agreed to it but seeing you act like this makes me feel this was a waste of time" Midnight said before walking towards Natsu. He used his magic to twist Natsu's clothing around his body making Natsu yell out. Since Natsu couldn't move Midnight easily sunk his fist into Natsu's stomach knocking him out.
"What?" Erza said, confused.
"Last time we fought I only used my magic and didn't use physical attacks. Well since then we have all worked on our downsides and gotten better because of Lucy" Midnight sighed picking up Natsu and placing him on his magic carpet to rest.