Chapter 35

Lucy's POV

Both Mard Geer and I were silent as we stared at each other as the tension continued to rise. In seconds the tension broke as I raised my whip and slammed it into the ground making it break apart. Mard Geer raised his hand that wasn't holding E.N.D and vines with thorns wrapped around the whip.
"Did you really think that would stop me?" Mard Geer questioned and I smirked. Four arrows flew towards him making him jump out of the way and I ripped the whip backwards, breaking the vines. Mard Geer yelped as hands jumped his legs making him use his vines to attack the ground.
"Did you think that was all Lulu had planned?" Loke asked. Light gathered around his fist making Mard Geer squint and that gave him enough time to punch him. I knew this wouldn't be enough to stop Mard Geer so I didn't falter and continued to run towards Mard Geer. When I was close enough I attempted to kick his feet out from underneath him but he jumped just in time making me quickly change the plan. Instead I reached up, grabbing his leg and then slammed him into the ground making him gasp for breath.
"Jump" I yelled just as thorn vines burst from the ground. Both Loke and I managed to get away from most of the damage but we did get a few scratches here and there. I could tell that Sagittarius and Virgo were worried about us but they held their positions like they were ordered to. The plan was easy since we didn't want to over complicate it and get tripped up on the details. Sagittarius would give us long range back up and take any chance he could to attack Mard Geer. Virgo would stay underground to help us if we needed an escape but would take any chance she could to attack Mard Geer as well. Lastly was Loke and I, with Taurus star dress, would attack full frontal.
"Don't worry about the vines, I'll deal with them. You go after Mard Geer" Loke said as he used his magic to attack the vines.
"Okay" I agreed before racing towards Mard Geer who dodged out of the way of my punch.
"If you think that your spirit can hold back my magic you must be underestimating me" Mard Geer said.
"I'm not underestimating you, I know that you can create more vines and send them towards me. You're underestimating me if you think that I can't handle both you and your vines" I said as I used my whip to destroy the vines while I slammed my foot into his stomach sending him back with a gasp of breath.
"You damn mage!" Mard Geer snarled, anger finally present on his face.
"Well that's one of the more tame insults that has been thrown towards me. Seems your finally showing your true emotions so let's take this up a notch" I said. With that I dismissed Taurus's stardress and instead summoned Capricorn's star dress. While Taurus's stardress boosted my strength, Capricorn's star dress boosted my hand to hand combat instincts and strength. This is where the real fighting would begin.

Just like I thought Mard Geer rained attacks down on me and Loke. We were constantly either dodging the attacks or destroying the attacks. Even though we were dodging we were still getting small cuts and bruises from either rolling on the ground to evade an attack or from a vine that we missed.
"Loke, take your eclipse form" I called out.
"What?! But Princess," Loke protested.
"I know it's not part of the plan but it's all fine, after all he is about to take his Etherious form" I called out as I saw that Mard Geer was starting to change slightly after he placed E.N.D out of the way so it wouldn't get damaged.
"Okay" Loke said.
"Virgo, Sagittarius, you two have been a great help but head back now" I said and both of them agreed and left. Normally they might have argued or wanted to stick around but they knew we didn't have time as I dismissed my Capricorn star dress.
"Why don't you summon the celestial king? I wouldn't normally think that anyone had that strength but it is obvious that you are a lot more powerful than I thought" Mard Geer questioned as Loke finished taking his eclipse form and Mard Geer's nails turned into claws and his face and body changed.
"I could summon him but I don't wish to lose any of my precious friends so that is only something I would do as a very last resort" I explained.
"Tell me girl, you seem smart so why are you getting in my way? You must have realised why we were created? You know why we are doing what we are? So why get in our way?" Mard Geer demanded as his wings spread and I dodged as he went to grab my head while Loke did the same thing.
"I know that you were created to destroy Zeref, this fact has already been told to everyone here and that is why I told my friends to detain their opponents instead of killing them. I can't condemn you for something that is etched into your very soul but I can't forgive you either. You may be made to destroy Zeref but something tells me you don't understand him at all" I sighed.
"What would you know, Human?" Mard Geer demanded and I dodged away from some thorns while Loke dodged his claws once again.
"Obviously I know more than you! Do you even know why Zeref wishes for death? Do you know why you were created to kill him? Have you even figured out what Zeref's curse is?" I demanded as I dodged his claws that still managed to leave thin cuts on my arm before I grabbed Mard Geer and slammed him into the ground, catching him off guard letting Loke get in a hit with his magic as well, though it got absorbed.
"Since you didn't bother to know any of this then I'll tell you. You were created to kill him because no matter how much he tried he can't kill himself and he has tried every way you can think of. He wants to die not to end his immortality but because he wants to stop hurting people he cares about. Every time he finds someone else to care about he feels like they get snatched away from him by an enemy that will never try to face him. And lastly is his curse, he is cursed so that he is immortal and powerful and the more he cares about life, the more deadly his powers are. That's why I can't let you continue. Zeref loves life so much that he confined himself on an island for centuries" I ranted and Mard Geer looked at me shocked. That's when I realised that I had tears in my eyes.
"He is in so much pain because of his curse that I can't help but cry for him. No matter what he done in the past he doesn't deserve this. It's true I can't accept all the people that have been killed because of his demons but he has never once killed a person on purpose with his own hand. That's why once I am finished with you, I am going to go and find Zeref once more and I will free him from his curse forever" I vowed as I wiped .you tears away.
"You foolish human, you think you can accomplish something that Lord Zeref or I can not? The only way is to kill him" Mard Geer growled as he took the sky and I started to glow.
"Your wrong, it's not the only way, it's just the easiest way!" I yelled before the glowing stopped and it showed my new stardress. I had silver armor on with large silver wings coming from my back.
"Stardress: Ladon" I said as my hair was in twelve different plaits with the symbols on them and the gloves I had on them had claws on them.
"Lucy" Loke whispered out in awe, no one had ever been powerful enough to summon Ladon before let alone use his stardress.
"Head on back Loke, this is going to turn into a rough fight from here on out" I warned.
"Fine but if you are in trouble I'll force my gate open" Loke said and I nodded. Turning towards the sky I jumped and flew straight towards Mard Geer, shining with magic. First I had to deal with him and I'd sort Zeref out later, including the whole mess with E.N.D.