Chapter 10

Waking up in the morning to a pile of people on top of me I was glad that I was used to this. If not I would have been crushed. After wiggling around I managed to get free of the pile and went for a shower before getting ready for the day. It seems Master Makarov had already visited earlier and dropped off the matching uniforms for us. Breakfast was also waiting for us on the table. My uniform was a simple pair of purple and white cotton pants, white bandages with a purple sleeveless vest over the bandages that I left undone at the front. Of course I had Gray's necklace around my neck and I called Cancer out to put my hair up in a ponytail including the fringe with a purple ribbon.
"Come on you four time to get up" I called. Starring from Midnight I started to shake them all until they finally groggily woke up.
"Kay Lucy" Midnight whispered before he flopped back onto the bed. Erza on the other hand had gotten straight up and headed to the bathroom. Natsu was making quick work of his breakfast and Gray was blinking at me while sitting up, it was kind of adorable.
"Midnight don't make ME wake you up again, you know that isn't a good idea" I cooed and the other mage instantly shot up and off the bed screaming about how he was up.
"What was that about?" Gray asked.
"It's nothing, Erza is finished in the bathroom so you should get ready as well" I smiled and he nodded, deciding it was better if he didn't ask.

It wasn't long before all of us were dressed and had breakfast so we headed for the arena. When we arrived there some guards showed us to where we would wait and instructed us to wait until our names were called out in first place. Even down here we could hear the fireworks and cheers from the crowd.
"The big day is finally here folks, the Grand Magic Games will begin very shortly. This is going to be a year to remember" Chipati Lola, the announcer, called out making the cheers get louder.
"Wow would you listen to that crowd" Erza noted.
"I had hoped that there would be less people this year but it seems even more packed then usual" I sighed a little.
"The city is full of wizards from all over the country, of course folks wanna see them in action" Gray said.
"Purple is so lame, I'd rather wear my regular clothes" Natsu pouted.
"Idiot Natsu, it isn't about the colour it is to show that we are united" I pointed out.
"I'm just glad that Aries is good at changing clothes into something new. Though I do wish that Wendy was here instead of me" Midnight sighed making me frown. I wasn't frowning at the fact he was pit out but was frowning about Wendy. Cobra had told us last night that he and Cubelios had found Wendy and Carla collapsed in the palace maze. That wasn't all either, they had been completely drained of magical power. She would survive and get better but it would take time.

"You think another team is responsible for Wendy?" Erza asked looking at me snapping me out of my day dream.
"Without a doubt. You have to remember that Fairy tail isn't strong anymore or at least it isn't seen as strong. Because of that enemies of the past are always making trouble for us so this is probably one of those times. But make no mistake when I find out who did this, they will pay dearly" I snarled my opened eye blazing in fury.
"You're not the only one that will make them pay. Picking on a little girl isn't something that I would like to brag about" Midnight growled. Wendy held a special place with Oracian seis since they still felt guilty over what happened with Nirvana and nearly destroying Wendy's guild.
"For now we should keep our heads in the game and when we know who did that to Wendy, that's when we'll make them pay" Natsu said and we all nodded in agreement.

"We're just moments away from the start of the Grand Magic Games folks. I'm lead commentator, Chipati Lola and I'll be handling the play by play. Meanwhile former council member Yajima provides commentary" Chipati Lola started.
"Mr Yajima, glad to have you with us" He continued.
"Glad to be here" Yajima replied.
"Ans let's not forget our special guest, a member of Blue Pegasus and the current holder of the second Miss Fiore, the ravishing Jenny Relight" Chipati Lola introduced. I could tell that name must have ticked Jenny off since at the moment I was the current Miss Fiore.
"Blue Pegasus is bringing home the Gold this year" She cheered.
"Here we go folks in Eighth place we have the rowdy pack of hell hounds, Quatro Cerberus" Chipati Lola said and the all male guild walked out to cheers.
"Comimg in seventh is a guild filled with the fairer sex, Mermaid heel" He continued as the all girl guild walked out. I had actually clashed with Millianna and Kagura many times because they tried to attack Jellal. In a way I could understand there hatred but at the same time tgey needed to back off my guild members.
"In sixth place as you'll see, it's the glimmer in the darkness it's Blue Pegasus" Chipati Lola said.
"Hey guys, do your best" Jenny cheered with a thumbs up.
"Next in fifth place the goddess of luck, the sacrid destroyer, Lamia Scale" He continued.
"Now to introduce our fourth place contestant what a shocker, swooping in from a midnight dreary this dark and gloomy bunch are making their debut in this year's games. Give it up for, Raven Tail" Chipati Lola said and my hands instantly clenched and I glared fiercely.
"Wow Luce what's wrong?" Natsu asked.
"That guild is led my Master Makarov's son Ivan, and it was known as a dark guild until a while ago. If I had to guess who hurt Wendy, it would have to be them. They are the lowest of the low" I snarled and Midnight hugged me, calming me down.
"Lucy has had to deal with them over the last seven years. They even tried kidnapping her and Asuka once but of course it didn't work" Midnight explained making Gray walk over and hug me as well. This of course made Erza and Natsu pout until they joined the hug.