Chapter 26

Holding the platinum key in my hands I took a few deep breaths knowing that this was going to take a lot out of me.
"Are you going to summon another spirit to help you? That just means that we will have another thing to use against you" Future Rogue chuckled.
"Oh this isn't a spirit that you will be able to take down easily in fact I dare say that he will take you down" I said as I gathered my magic. I had to gather it so that I had enough because of how much power it took.
"Then I just won't let you summon it" Rogue said as he ran towards me while also coating his hands in shadows. Dodging I quickly spun but didn't manage to completely dodge the blow as I got three large gashes on my arm.
"Open gate of the dragon, Draconis" I roared out as I raised the key in my hand. Instantly I yelped as the dragon me and Future Rogue was slammed into.
"You! You would dare to challenge me and hurt my Mistress!" I heard a roar and I smiled. There flying in the sky was a silver coloured dragon that was larger than the one we were on.
"Ladon, I am glad that I managed to summon you. I need you to take this dragon on while I deal with Future Rogue" I explained.
"What happened? Normally you have Loke for this thing" Ladon asked.
"I had him and the others helping but he got injured, dragon claws are nothing to scoff at" I growled.
"Keep your magic steady, I don't need to suddenly have a hundred heads and drain you dry of your magic" Ladon said.
"Yeah sorry, I'm going to stop listening and fight now" I said as I focused on Future Rogue again, this time with no star dress but I had magic coating my fists.
"You have given up your star dress, that is a bold move" Rogue said before gasping as my fist met his chin sending him to the floor.
"The thing about star dresses is that they boost my powers but they limit what I can do. I can also use pure celestial magic to boost myself without any limits," I said. With a growl Rogue activated his drive form and I dodge the first hit but he got me the second one. Instead of letting this catch me off guard I grabbed the arm that had punched me and pulled him over my shoulder and slammed him into the dragon's back.

Ladon was flying in front of the dragon that Rogue and I were on top of.
"You would side with humans instead of your own kind? Betrayer" the dragon growled.
"Do not lecture me, drakeling" Ladon said as he glared.
"I am not a drakeling, I am a full grown dragon" The dragon said.
"Not to me, all the dragons here are drakelings to me since I am the father of all dragons. All dragons can trace themselves back to me including yourself" Ladon said.
"Lies! You claim to be the first dragon but he perished long before my time" the dragon roared.
"You are right I was defeated long before your time but I was placed in the sky as the Draconis star sign. Now I'm going to put you down because you dared to help hurt my Mistress" Ladon said before he grappled with the dragon and sunk his teeth into his shoulder making the dragon shriek and tried to scratch and bite at Landon only for him to realise that his nails and teeth couldn't pierce Ladon's hide. I had to quickly grab onto a few scales to stop myself from falling off as the dragon started to thrash around.
"Now this is going to end Rogue but I promise you something, I won't let you turn out like this. I'm not going to let Rogue lose them. I won't let Rogue lose his precious friends" I promised before grabbing onto Rogue and pulling my head back and headbutting him making him yelp and stumble back.
"Bring us down Ladon, straight on the gate" I roared out as I grabbed Rogue and put him in a head lock to keep him in one place. I only had to stall long enough for the gate to be destroyed.
"Hold on tight" Ladon roared out as he used one of his arms to hold the dragon's wing to his side so he started to pummel to the ground and towards the gate. Roaring in pain, panic and shock the dragon started to fall and I kept Future Rogue in a headlock and held onto the scales.
"No! This can't end like this! It can't!" Future Rogue yelled as he started to struggle against me. I continued to try and hold him but when he slammed his elbow into my face I had no chance of holding on. Yelping, I dodged to the side, ignoring the blood running from my nose as Futute Rouge attempted to slash me again.
"Stop this, you can't continue to fight. Soon the gate will be crushed and you and the dragons will be gone. I don't want to keep fighting one of my friends" I pleaded.
"You would call me your friend? Even when I killed your future self?" Future Rogue growled.
"She never fought back did she? We both knew what was going to happen and yet she didn't want to fight against you. I offered to find you and throw you through the gate but she refused that" I said with a sad smile.
"What?" Future Rogue demanded.
"Even after what happened she still loved you" I said and he staggered back a little and I knew it wasn't from the moving dragon.
"Shut up!" Rogue roared and threw himself towards me. Reaching out I grabbed him and slammed him into the back of the dragon before ducking down and holding on tight.