Chapter 5

Lucy's POV

I knew that I should get a hold of myself, I was the master of the Fairy tail guild but I couldn't. Seeing Master, Natau, Gray, Laxus, Gajeel, Levy, Erza, Wendy, Happy, Lily, Carla and everyone else that had been lost to us seven years ago, I couldn't help but cry.
"Ah! Luce, what's wrong? You don't need to cry" Natsu said in a panic. Reaching up I grabbed him and Erza who were the closest and brought them into bone crushing hugs while my sobs started to die down.
"Give her some time to process this after all you guys have been gone for seven years and everyone but her thought you were dead" Maco explained after stopping his own tears.
"I see you have kept the guild together, it can't have been easy" Makarov commented while Erza and Natsu patted my back.
"Not me, this is all Lucy, the fourth master of fairy tail. She kept as many of us together as she could and even brought more family members in as well" Maco said, looking at where all of the Oracion Seis, except for Richard who was on a job, were standing.
"Oracion Seis? So you guys are part of Fairy Tail now. That's so cool" Natsu beamed, making them a little shocked. They were sure that of all the people in Fairy tail, Natsu would be the one most against them.
"I see, I'm glad that you have found a place here as well" Erza smiled.
"Lucy" Midnight said now that I had stopped crying and was drying my eye.
"What is it Midnight?" I asked him and he opened his arms, his eyes pleading with me.
"No you don't sleeping beauty, you already had your cuddle" Angel protested.
"Yeah, what about our cuddles?" Racer demanded.
"Your not the only one that gets to hug blondie" Cobra growled with a glare. None of them realised that while they were fighting Cubelios slithered from behind the bar and wrapped herself around me.
"Ha good girl Cubelios, looks like I get the next hug," Cobra boasted before his jaw dropped when the purple snake just nuzzled into my neck and basically poked her tongue out at them.
"Are they always like this?" Gajeel asked, shocked.
"Yeah, around this time of the day is when Lucy comes down from her office to rest and have lunch," Sam chuckled. It was a daily battle with these people that were determined to be the one getting my attention.
"Now, now we don't need to fight," I said before hugging all of them.
"Me as well," Gray said before hugging.
"I want a hug as well, Lucy-san," Wendy said shyly. Even though I was happy that the others were back I just realised that the demand for attention just doubled.

Soon enough everyone had gotten a hug and had calmed down and were talking and catching up with the members that had been missing.
"I should contact the council about this and also Jellal" I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose and heading to my office where the communication lacrima was.
"So Lucy has really been looking out for the guild and has become its master" Makarov said as he watched me go while holding a mug of beer.
"Yes she has....Master, I know this is selfish since you have just returned but I have something to ask you" Maco said sipping his own beer.
"Don't worry so much about it, just speak your mind," Makarov told him.
"Please become the Master of Fairy tail again" Maco said bowing his head and the other people that had been at the guild did the same.
"I was sure that Lucy was doing a fine job," Makarov said.
"She is the best master we could ever hope for. While you guys were away she did as many jobs as she could including submitting stories to magazines and modelling to get money to keep the guild running" Bisca said.
"She also made sure that no guild ever hurt us even though she is now covered in scars because of it, she even lost her right eye the last time she battled against another guild" Alsack said.
"We haven't seen her smile in at least five years" Reedus frowned thinking of the bright shining girl that had joined Fairy tail.
"She basically lives at the guild so that she can finish all the work that she takes on" Jet said.
"Each day we try to distract her by cuddling her but even then we can't get her to eat much," Angel said, clenching her hands.
"The stress she has taken on is giant and it will drive her insane if someone doesn't do something. We have tried our best but she refuses to take money for us to help out" Wakaba said.
"While you guys were away she made sure to have enough money saved up to pay your rent for you all" Racer said.
"So please, we are begging you. Please take this burden off Lucy's shoulders" they all said, getting on the floor in a bow.
"There is no need for that, my children. I will talk to Lucy and I will take back the position as Master," Makarov said. His heart hurt knowing that one of his children had been hurting so badly while they were gone. Getting up Makarov headed up the stairs, ready to take back his office.