Chapter 29

Lucy's POV

The party to celebrate winning the grand magic games and getting our guild hall back lasted a week. After that week passed people started to take missions that were over flowing from the board as well as going back to how things had always been.
"Hey Luce, your rent is coming up soon isn't it? Wanna go on a mission?" Natsu asked with a beaming smile.
"How come you get to ask her flame brain?" Gray yelled and I chuckled from where I was sitting at the bar. Even after we had all sat down and talked, putting down boundaries there were still little fights. Though it wouldn't be the same if they weren't fighting since that is how they showed their affection.
"Geez, they are really themselves again aren't they?" Mira smiled as she walked over and placed a milkshake in front of me.
"Yeah they are and I wouldn't have it any other way, after all if they didn't fight at least once every two hours I would be worried that they were sick" I giggled.
"So....A little birdy told me about your relationship" Mira said, making me blush a little.
"I know it's not your traditional relationship but all of us are so I don't see any reason why it's anyone else's business" I said.
"It isn't anyone else's business so if anyone gives you any trouble let me know and I will happily show them a real demon" Mira smiled and I stuttered a little at the thought of Mira having to talk to anyone. They probably wouldn't survive the conversation.
"Though I do wonder how Sting and Rogue are going to feel," Mira said.
"Feel about what?" I questioned and Mira stared at me like she hadn't heard what I said.
"Don't tell me you haven't realised? Those boys obviously have a crush on you, it's easy to see" Mira said and this time it was my time to stare at her. There was no way, I mean I know that future Rogue and my future self had a relationship together but we were different people.
"Come on, they call you nearly every day with simple reasons that take around ten minutes to resolve and then spend another hour just talking to you unless they need to go and handle something in the guild," Mira said.
"It's just them being thankful for what I have done for them, that's all. Thanks for the milkshake Mira, it was delicious as always but I need to get going if I want to be able to pay rent" I said as I got up and walked away. Perhaps Sting and Rogue could have feelings for me but I wasn't going to take advantage of them so for now I would say nothing.

One mission later with Gray, Erza, Wendy, Natsu, Happy and Carla, I had my rent sorted and wasted no time heading upstairs in the guild and laid down my head in Cobra's lap. He just smiled down at me while running his hands through my hair and Cubelios curled around me making me sigh.
"How was your mission Lucy?" Richard asked and I smiled tiredly.
"Just as destructive as I remember but I would change it for the world, it's just more tiring than I thought it would be. The dark guild we had to deal with were a pretty bad bunch" I explained.
"That reminds me, you might want to contact Ultear when you get the chance, she said something about hearing something" Racer piped up.
"I'll do that later, right now I'm hanging out with you guys before something else needs my attention" I decided. I had missed hanging out with the Oracion seis as a group but I was still finding a way to split my time between everyone.
"In that case, you will never guess what I saw the other day" Angel giggled and I knew that I was about to hear the latest but I just grinned as Midnight moved my feet onto his lap. After I had heard the latest gossip from Angel, told about how Richard was going to be meeting up with Walle his brother soon, Racer's latest race, Midnight's latest nap spot and Cobra's fascination with poison cupcakes, I got to my feet and stretched.
"I should probably go and contact Ultear before Sting and Rogue call for the day" I said and they chuckled. All of them bid me good bye with waves except for Midnight and Cobra who both demanded kisses before they let me go. One kiss turned to two and then three, I had to force myself away from them before we started something that shouldn't be started in the guild hall.

"Hey Ultear, Angel told me that you had heard something. I wasn't sure if you wanted to wait until you had gotten back to the guild or not" I said as I saw the lacrima light up and showed Ultear, Meredy and Jellal who were out on a mission at the moment.
"It is better if we tell you now, are you in a secure location?" Ultear enquired and my back instantly straightened, this was something serious.
"Hold on" I said as I nodded to a few people as I walked into the library. I made sure that no one was in here before I summoned Virgo and Loke to make sure no one comes in or tries to eavesdrop.
"Okay, I'm secure now" I said, turning my attention back to the orb.
"There have been whispers from the dark guilds that we have been taking down. There is someone targeting council members and there are only a few options on who that could be" Jellal explained and I gritted my teeth.
"Tartaros" I growled out before closing my eye and clenching my hands.
"We don't have any proof that it's them but they are the only ones big enough to try something like this. Also what Jellal told us about when he was part of the council" Meredy said.
"You're right, for now we can't do anything but I will inform Doranbolt and Lahar. I'll also talk to Master about it but we should be careful. Also be careful Jellal, if they try what you think they will then you're going to be a target. I will die before I let my loved ones get taken away again" I vowed and Jellal blushed.
"I love you as well. Don't worry I have these two to make sure I return to you alive and I'll make sure they return alive" Jellal said.
"Okay, I have a few things to do now and soon Rogue and Sting are going to call so I have to go" I said.
"Take care of yourself," Ultear said and I nodded. We traded goodbyes and the picture disappeared.