Chapter 16

"Welcome to day three of the grand magic games, that puts us at the half way point" Chapati Lola greeted.
"How are we ever going to top the dramatic fights and eye candy of the last two days" Yajima smiled.
"I personally will be on my best behaviour around today's guest, from the magic council, it's Marshall Lahar" Chapati Lola introduced.
"It's been quite a while," Yajima said.
"Thank you for having me here," Lahar greeted.
"As chief Marshal of the enforcement unit, your job is catching the bad guys isn't that right?" Chapati Lola asked.
"Yes and let me remind any would be cheaters that I am watching you" Lahar grinned making the crowd cheer and clap.
"That's right he has eyes in the back of his head and he never sleeps so no funny stuff" Chapati Lola grinned. I was kind of glad that Lahar would be here after all who knew what Raven Tail would pull. There was also Sabertooth that we had to worry about as well. For now I didn't have to worry about Sabertooth after all they would focus on winning the games but Raven Tail that was another matter. I also had the looming threat of the royal family that were after my keys and in turn after me. If the information that I had collected so far was correct then I would have to do everything that I can to stop them from getting their hands on them.
"Something the matter, Lucy?" Gray asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Nothing much, just thinking about what type of challenge we will face today" I smiled. I know I should probably tell them about my worries but for now I didn't want them to share in my worry.

"Let's kick off this day with a game that is sure to be exciting, Pandemonium" Chapati Lola announced and the crowd went wild.
"I got this one, I'm still pretty fired up for now being able to fight last night" Natsu said.
"You did yesterday's round so it's not your turn," Gray protested.
"Gray is right Natsu, you're not the only one that is angry about what happened. We should send Erza out" I said. We didn't know what game we would be playing  but if the name was anything to go by it wasn't going to be an easy one.
"Sounds good to me" Erza said before she headed down. From Mermaid Heel was Millianna, from fairy tail team B was Cana since Jellal was on an errand that I sent him one, from Raven Tail was Obra, blue Pegasus sent Hibiki, Sabertooth sent Olga, next was Lamia Scale who sent Jura and finally was Quatro Puppy who sent Novali. Looking up I saw a large magic circle appear and a castle came down from it.
"Before you stands a castle filled with vicious monsters, that's pandemonium," Mato announced.
"I take it we are to do battle with these monsters?" Jura questioned.
"Yes, you are correct sir. 100 terrifying beasts are lurking within the castle walls but don't panic, there are no dangers of them escaping and attacking the crowd. They're magic projections we created for this game" Mato assured the worried crowd.
"They are classified by their degree of difficulty. We have five classes, D, C, B, A and S. But the distribution rate is shown here," He continued.
"To give you an example let me show you how strong a D ranked monster is, they're the weakest remember" Mato said before showing the monster on a projection. The beast was pretty scary but they would be able to handle it. I was disappointed that I was in this game if I was telling the truth.
"If you think that the D ranked monster was scary wait until you see the S ranked monster, I'm not even sure a wizard saint could defeat it. You will all take turns in choosing the number of monsters you wish to fight in each round. We call this the competitors right to challenge" Mato continued to explain.
"So we make the choice?" Erza questioned and I instantly knew what she was thinking, making me smile. This was going to be one hell of a show. Mato then explained the rotation system that they would use as well as the game not finishing until either all the monsters were dead or the competitors were out of magic power. It was a pretty good game, not only was it a test of strength but brains as well.
"Now to decide the number everyone will go in, please draw a straw," Mato said, holding the box out.
"I'm going first," Erza said, looking at her straw.
"Man you're lucky, I'm also betting that, that means you'll also get the most amount of turns. Meanwhile I'll be stuck going last" Cana said.
"Interesting, I had assumed victory in this event relied entirely on the luck of the draw" Erza said and I grinned knowing what was about to happen.
"It's far more than that, you have to consider pacing, your opponents strength, the likelihood of getting a really nasty monster. The list goes on and on. It is quite a complex game when you think about it," Mato said.
"No, in fact this is no longer even a game" Erza said, confusing the little mascot while walking forward.
"Inside this castle wait 100 monsters, I choose to challenge 100" Erza declared, making everyone shocked. Everyone but Gray, Natsu and I, who laughed. Erza wasn't going to hold back we knew that much so it wasn't a surprise she did this.