Chapter 23

Third person POV

The sixth of July, the last day of the Grand Magic Games, is a day filled with jubilation.
"This is what we have all been waiting for folks. It has been an exciting week, there has been some incredible magic and some emotional moments you may never forget. But today one guild will be crowned number one in Fiore and the winner of the grand magic games. Ladies and gentlemen it has been an honour to spend this time with you and with my fellow commentators the esteemed Mr Yajima" Chapati Lola said.
"My pleasure," Yajima said.
"We have a very special guest with us today, you all know and love him as the official mascot of the Grand Magic Games, the always entertaining Mato" Yajima introduced.
"Heya" Mato greeted while waving to the crowds.
"Usually your in the arena acting as referee but not today" Chapati Lola said.
"No sir not today because that won't be necessary because today is extra special, the final match. Now let's get this started and bring out all the competitors" Mato beamed. An explosion of different coloured powders appeared before a four appeared.

"Currently in sixth place and looking for an upset are the hunting dogs, tail chasers, Quatro Puppy" Chapati Lola said and the males were all posing to the cheers.
"It's true the drunken wolf Baccus has been on the losing side this year but he is still a force to be reckoned with," Yajima commented. Glitter started to fall from the sky.

"Next up the guild that exudes class and an intoxicating parfum, with Ichiya Vandalay Kotobuki at the helm it's Blue Pegasus" Chapati Lola said and the guild appeared posing in a spot light with clouds of pink dust around them.
"They are currently down in fifth place but today's their chance to take in the sweet smell of victory, good luck" Mato said.

A large green Naga symbol appeared in the sky giving a hint of who was next.
"Here comes our third place team, Lamia Scale. Can Lyon Vastia, the ice wizard who rivals Fairy Tail's Gray Fullbuster, bring the heat in today's battle or will his team just get frozen in their tracks?" Chapati Lola continued.
"He doesn't have to do it alone, don't forget the cute little God slayer Chelia Blendy and the wizard saint Jura Neekis are extremely powerful as well," Mato commented.
"I agree, that team could claim the title today," Yajima added.

"Lamia Scale isn't the only team in third place, they are in very good company" Chapati Lola started as water burst out of the ground and rained down on everyone.
"With Mermaid Heel" He finished.
"Beautiful ladies, don't be fooled by their sweet looks, they are definitely not delicate little flowers," Yajima said.
"They have the calm exterior of their leader Kagura Mikazuchi for some fiery intensity," Mato said.

"Let's hear it for our second place team" Chapati Lola said and the cheers were ear hurting loud.
"What a shocker to see this guild who are usually at the top spot play catch up, is this the end of an era? Their twin dragons Sting and Rogue have a major bone to pick with Natsu and Gajeel from Fairy tail after that crushing defeat on day four. Can they settle the score?" Chapati Lola questioned as the Saber's walked out. If anyone would look close enough they would see everyone but Minerva looked relaxed and like a weight had even taken off their shoulders.
"Let's give it up for the three year champs the might Sabertooth" Chapati Lola said.

"And now in first place the guild who is making a historic comeback after literally falling off the map seven years ago, let's welcome Fairy Tail" Chapati Lola yelled and the cheers got louder and louder as people waved fairy tail flags.
"Well this is it, you ready?" Rogue asked.
"Yeah, she may have helped us out but I'm still gonna beat Lucy" Sting grinned looking up at where Lector was next to Frosch as they cheered.
"They are definitely getting a different welcome from all that booing during the games welcoming ceremonies" Lyon said before looking in shock at the members.
"Wait a minute" Chapati Lola said.
"Strange" Yajima commented.
"Ahhh," Mato said. The members that had come out were Erza, Gray, Juvia, Gajeel and Laxus.
"Unbelievable Team Fairy tail is keeping us on our toes by this completely unexpected roster change. The man who single handedly defeated Sabertooths twin dragons and the Mistress of Destruction have been replaced" Chapati Lola said.
"By Juvia? And Laxus?" Lyon yelled.
"Natsu is out of the competition as well as Lucy-san," Rogue said.
"That's alright with me, in fact that's the best news I've heard all day. We can't stand up to Natsu and I. As much as I want to fight Lucy she would wipe the floor with us" Sting smiled.
"I suppose you're right," Rogue said.
"After such a strong showing in the last round this decision is a real head scratcher, what could be the reason?" Chapati Lola asked.
"Hmm, hopefully nothing bad has happened," Yajima said. The crowds were not happy with the news but at the same time they were still ecstatic to see the fights that were going to happen.
"Very smart sixth master," Mavis smiled.
"To be perfectly honest with you it was the only real choice that I had, there is a chance that winning the games would get our poor Lucy back through more official channels. However in a situation like this we must explore every option. We can't put all our eggs in one basket even if Lucy told us not to come after her. Everyone is focused on the games and we will cheer our fighters on with gusto. That is what the public will be seeing but some of our most capable mages will set out on a secret rescue mission" Makarov said.
"A two pronged strategy nicely done" Mavis complimented. Natsu, Mirajane, Wendy, Patherlilly, Carla and Happy at the moment were rushing towards the palace. But they weren't the only ones on the move either. Lucy's plans were starting to come together as she heard the clangs and yells of fighting in the hallway.