Chapter 36

Lucy's POV

Seeing the Black and blue dragon that still haunted my dreams was making my whole body shake in nerves. All I wanted to do was grab my guild mates and run away but I couldn't do that. No one stood a chance against him, not even all the dragon slayers working together with Mard Geer and the other demons would be able to stop him. I was the only one that stood a chance. That may seem arrogant and in a way it was but I wasn't about to let my friends and family suffer again.
"Lucy! Get away from there!" I heard and I turned to see that everyone was running towards me. Even the Tartaros members were there though they were tied up.
"You guys" I whispered before I closed my open eye and breathed deeply. That's right, seeing them again cemented the fact that I was fighting for them as well as myself.
"Child what are you thinking?" Makarov questioned. He and the rest of the guild masters were also here now.
"Strength. It seems like such a weird word doesn't it? We are all training to get stronger but does being strong truly mean?" I questioned no one in particular as everyone started to move towards me before they were pulled to a stop.
"Thanks Richard, Racer, Ultear and Meredy, I knew that I could count on you" I said. Everyone was fighting against the four people who I had told that Acnologia would appear here and what needed to be done.
"I'll tell you exactly what being strong means. It has nothing to do with who can punch the hardest. It had nothing to do with who has the strongest magic. It has nothing to do with how many people you can beat. Being strong means being scared. To be strong is to be scared but you still take that step forward to face your enemies and stop them because you know you are the only one that can stop them. You guys stay there while I show you how strong I am" I smiled brightly, just like I did before everyone had been taken seven years ago.
"Luce/Lucy!" Everyone yelled. I paid them no mind as the first time in three years my right eye opened making them all stop. Everyone was silent and didn't even dare to deep too loudly not that I could blame. When my eye had been damaged they all thought that I had lost it and I never contradicted their thoughts so the only ones that knew the truth were my celestial spirits.
"I see, so that's your plan. Good luck Princess, I'll expect cuddles after this battle" Loke said with a smile before he let in a shower of gold sparkles. The same gold that my eye was. When I say it was gold, I don't just mean the color, the whole eye was golden like the golden celestial keys.
"Now then, sorry to keep you waiting, Acnologia but I'm ready now. We can either do this the easy way or the hard way, it's your choice" I said as I faced the dragon. He wasn't even paying attention to us, making me sigh.
"The hard way it is" I sighed as I started to glow golden.
"Open, gate of the celestial king" I roared out my hand raised to the sky and my right eye glowing even brighter than my body, it was like a mini sun.

Everyone was shocked when they saw Lucy's eye but they broke out of it when they heard her call out the celestial kings summoning.
"No! We have to stop her, this will kill her" Yukino yelled. Angel bit her lip and clenched her hands, she trusted Lucy to know what she was doing.
"What do you mean?" Happy asked.
"The celestial king isn't a spirit that can be summoned. He has no key so the only way to summon him is to have a strong bond with a golden key and then break it. Since Lucy isn't doing that then she must be using her own life force to force the gate open. No matter how powerful she is, this will kill her" Yukino explained. This made everyone look horrified and turn to Lucy.
"Pathetic humans, you mean to tell me that you don't even realise what that woman is?" Mard Geer huffed as he rolled his eyes.
"If you know something you would do well to speak up" Erza glared a sword in her hand and pointed at Mard Geer.
"If you truly think that will frighten me then your more stupid than I thought" Mard Geer sneered.
"Lucy Heartfielia is a special exception to the rules about the Celestial king" A voice said and every turned to see Zeref standing there though not everyone recognised him.
"Lord Zeref" Jackal whispered and all the demons bowed while the mages drew back from him.
"What is your reason for being here?" Makarov demanded, he was ready to use Fairy law, should he need to.
"That's easy, I am here to witness Lucy's Strength and see if she is truly as strong as she believes" Zeref said.
"You said something about Luce having a special exception, what did you mean?" Natsu asked, his eyes hadn't left Lucy.
"It means she doesn't need to break a gold key or use her life force, after all she has been chosen and marked to be the next celestial King or Queen in her case" Zeref explained.