Chapter 9

The next day

After Makarov's announcement of the Grand Magic Games everyone partied and now we were on the train to Crocus. The thing that worried me the most was how the guild would react to the reactions that we would get.
"Hey Lucy, something on your mind?" Gray asked, Natsu had passed out with his head on my lap, Erza was eating Strawberry cake with Wendy, Happy was trying to give Carla a fish whole and Gray was looking at me.
"I'm just a little worried," I admitted.
"About the competition? Don't be, you are stronger than even I am so I am sure that we will win after all we aren't going to allow you to leave us in the dust" Erza smiled.
"No, it's not really about the games. I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but Fairy tail isn't exactly the most famous guild at the moment. In fact we are basically the laughing stock of Fiore, we have only just been managing to stop from being disbanded" I explained.
"That just means we have to make them see how good we are, Lushee" Happy beamed and I shook my head.
"Of course, you're right" I smiled but I knew that once we got to Crocus they would be in for a big surprise.

It wasn't long before the train pulled into the station and I was glad to get off the train even if I had to drag Natsu off.
"Oh gosh isn't that Lucy-sama" I heard.
"It totally is, she is even more beautiful in person" another gushed.
"I wonder if she would sign my book?" Someone else asked.
"Tch, she would be a lot better if she would leave that guild of losers" another snarled.
"Losers? They don't even deserve that name, they are nothing but dirt that sully's our beautiful Lucy-sama" someone sneered. Seeing Natsu, Gray and Erza's faces turn to anger I quickly grabbed their shoulders and shook my head.
"Just leave it guys, we should meet up with the master" I suggested and they grumbled but nodded.

We caught up with Makarov who was waiting for us with a large book in hand that I already knew what it was. It was the book of rules for the Grand magic games.
"I have registered your kids already so you don't have to worry about that. They told me that the members that have entered have to be in their respective inn's before midnight" Makarov said.
"So which inn are we staying at Master? I can explain the rules to these guys later since I have the book memorised" I smiled.
"The honey bone inn, since we have a lot of time before midnight why don't you go and enjoy yourself but remember" Makarov started.
"Back at the honey bone inn before midnight, don't worry Master I won't let them be late" I said looking at them, daring them to be late with my eyes making them gulp.

With that out of the way we each split up, Gray wanted to look at shops, Erza wanted to try different types of strawberry cakes, Wendy wanted to look at the palace gardens which left me to be the one to accompany Natsu and make sure he didn't destroy anything.
"Hey Luce, here" Natsu grinned as he put a crown of pink flowers on my head making me smile softly.
"Thank you Natsu, it's wonderful" I said and I heard people around us start to chatter, whisper or squeal.
"Lucy I've been thinking this for a little bit, but you're actually famous aren't you?" Natsu questioned and I sweatdropped, I had wondered how long it would take him to figure that out.
"To make money for the guild I had to do a lot of modelling and writing stories so a lot of people know who I am but I don't really care about that sort of stuff. Everything I did was to protect the guild" I smiled before I heard cheering. I knew exactly what that was and I also knew that Natsu would run straight towards it making me sigh and follow him.

"Well looky here" I heard a blonde guy with blue eyes scoff. His name was Sting Euffclif and he was a member of Sabertooth, the number one guild in Fiore at the moment.
"Is that Natsu Dragneel?" A black haired boy with red eyes asked. He was Rogue Cheney, another member of Sabertooth. Both of them had one important thing in common, they were both dragon slayers. I noticed that Lector, Sting's exceed and Frosch, Rogue's exceed had confronted Happy.
"Yeah that's me, but who are you?" Natsu asked as he stood up.
"So the rumours about you entering the Grand magic games were true after all" Sting laughed.
"How do you know who I am?" Natsu asked and I walked forward ready to stop a fight should it start.
"Everyone knows about you, you're the so-called dragon slayer that couldn't actually slay a dragon. Doesn't sound like much of a dragon slayer to me" Sting taunted making me clench my hands.
"The sad part of it is that I actually used to look up to you and my friend is a big fan of Gajeel's," Sting shrugged.
"It was more of a curiosity since he was known as a fellow dragon slayer" Rogue corrected.
"You gotta be kidding me, you're both dragon slayers?" Natsu enquired.
"We would prefer it if you called us true dragon slayers instead, because unlike you we could have easily slayed Acnologia" Sting huffed.
"Oi light bulbs why don't you shut your mouth before I do it for you" I growled making them look at me and take a small step back.
"Lucy-san, I see you have come along as well" Rouge said.
"I don't see why you don't just give up on that pathetic guild that you run and join Sabertooth" Sting said.
"There's just one thing wrong about that sentence, see I'm not the guild master anymore know what that means?" I asked, a deadly smile reaching across my face, making them and the crowd back up.
"That's right, I'll be taking part in the Grand Magic Games this year so I hope that you can give me a good show. Then again, remembering how our last fight went down, it doesn't give me much hope" I shrugged and I know I ruffled their scales with that comment.
"Let's go Natsu, Happy, we should get back to the Inn. Oh and Sabertooth, warn your guild if they try anything fun with my guild, I'll destroy you" I snarled at the end before walking away  with Natsu and Happy following looking at me in awe.
"Hey Rouge?" Sting said weakly.
"Yeah?" Rouge answered just as weakly.
"Ever get the feeling that we just might die in these games?" Sting gulped.
"Before today no but now, yes" Rouge replied and Sting nodded before they headed for their Inn.