Chapter 2

A/N: Hey there guys I have been thinking about making this into a Lucy Harem story so if you are interested in that please comment who you would like to see in the harem both girls and boys. If you don't want this to be a harem story then please comment who you think Lucy should be with

Lucy's POV

Waking up the next morning all I wanted to do was close my eyes and go back to sleep. Knowing that I couldn't do that I laid there looking up at the ceiling.
"Lucy? Are you awake?" Dorenbolt called knocking on the door.
"Yeah, I'm awake" I called back while sitting up. My mouth was dry, my eyes hurt and my head was pounding like only after a Fairy Tail party. Fairy Tail. Thinking about the guild made me remember yesterday. How was I meant to go back to them without anyone else?
"How are you feeling today?" Dorenbolt asked.
"Stupid question, I know your probably feeling horrible"
"Yeah, do you know how long until we reach shore?" Lucy asked.
"Only a few hours, Lahar wanted to talk to you if you are feeling okay," Dorenbolt said.
"I'll be fine I guess" I said getting up from the bed.
"Would you like to get dressed? Or freshen up?" He offered.
"I suppose I should, I'll meet you up on deck" I said as I realised that I still had tear marks on my cheeks, I was covered in scratches, bruises and dirt and my hair was a mess. Walking into the bathroom I looked in the mirror and realised that it was a lot worse than I had thought. Sighing I turned the shower on and stepped into the water. To tell you the truth I wasn't sure if the water was hot or cold all I could say was the tears running down my cheeks burned. After the shower I stepped out of the water ready to leave my tears back there. Calling Capricorn and Virgo out I got the pink haired girl to help bandage my wounds while I got Capricorn to help me with my hair. After that I got dressed before heading out onto deck to meet Dorenbolt like I had promised.

"Lucy? What happened?" Dorenbolt burst out looking at me. I could see why he asked after all I had gotten Capricorn to cut my long hair so that it only reached past my ears. I was also wearing Gray's necklace around my neck while I had Natsu's vest over my singlet.
"My guild has lost a lot of good members so now is not the time for me to be sitting around crying" I said.
"I see you are feeling better today, I am sure you do not feel like talking about it but I need a statement about what happened" Lahar said.
"There isn't much to tell, Fairy Tail was doing their S class trials on Tenrou Island when we were attacked by Grimore heart. After we had dealt with that enemy, Acnologia the apocalypse dragon appeared and attacked us. Even with all of us going at 100% we stood no chance so I am the only one that got away from there" I told them.
"You mean you are the only one to survive?" Another council member said, making Dorenbolt and Lahar glare at him.
"No, I know they aren't dead. They are out there somewhere but I just know where they are. For now I will just keep on fighting and waiting for them to come home" I said before walking to the edge of the boat and looking at the water.
"She is in denial and why would she be?" Dorenbolt sighed.
"It is probably too hard for her to admit the truth after all, they sacrificed what little time they had left to get her off that island" Lahar said. They could say all they wanted but I knew the truth. In my heart and my very soul I knew that they weren't dead. Most people would call me crazy or say I was in denial but they had never been part of Fairy tail. We were a family and that meant we never gave up on hope.

A few hours later

Looking I noticed that we were getting close to Hargeon port meaning that once we pulled into the port it was only a train ride away from Magnolia and in turn Fairy tail. I still wasn't sure how I was meant to tell them that the others were gone. I guess the only way to tell them was to come out and tell them the truth, that they were gone.
"We are going to be pulling in now Lucy, is there anything that I can do?" Dorenbolt questioned and I shook my head.
"It will be better coming from me than the magic council" I said, taking a shaky breath.
"Are you sure you don't want us to come with you?" Lahar asked an hour later when the train to Magnolia pulled into the station.
"I'm sure, you guys have your reports to file and I have to do this myself" I said with a smile before I boarded the train. To tell the truth I wanted to let them tell Fairy tail what happened, I wanted to run away and hide away but I could never live with myself if I did such a thing. With one last look at the two council members I strengthened my resolve before heading to my seat.