Chapter 22

"I am Colonel Arcadios, leader of the sacred cherry blossom knights, the Crocus garrison force of the royal Fiore army" Arcadios introduced himself.
"And I am Yukino Agria, acting Sergeant in the cherry blossom knights," Yukino said.
"So what business does the military have down here anyway?" Gray questioned.
"You decided to join the army then?" I asked, looking at Yukino.
"But you were with the Sabertooth guild just a couple of days ago" Lily said. 
"Did you join the army after those guys kicked you out?" Happy asked.
"Yes, in a manner of speaking," Yukino said.
"Allow me to clarify, the past several years I have been working on a classified project but the success requires the power only a Celestial mage can provide. Luckily Sargent Yukino is able to lend her assistance in this undertaking" Arcadios said and I frowned with a glare. They had no idea what they were doing.
"Excuse me so you specifically needed that type of magic power? To do what though?" Wendy asked.
"Get to the point would you, I'm running really low on patients so skip the formal crap and tell us what you're doing down here" Natsu yelled.
"The one and only Natsu Dragneel, it's an honor to make your acquaintance. I applaud your recent victory in battle," Arcadios said.
"I said skip the formal crap and tell me what you're doing. While you're at it tell me why the hell you were trying to get your hands on a Celestial mage" Natsu growled as he stood toe to toe with Arcadios.
"And when I ask a question I expect an answer right away" He continued.
"Calm down Natsu, it's okay" I said.
"Idiot" Gray scoffed but I could see his hands were clenched in anger as well.
"This should kind of go without saying but he's kinda an important dude," Happy said.
"I don't think calling him dude is a really good idea either" Lily said while Carla was silent.
"Hmm, follow me," Arcadios said.
"You too Lucy, you should come along with us," Yukino said.
"I'll come with you but don't think for a moment I don't know your plans and I will not allow it to continue. None of you have any idea what you are getting into" I said, cutting her off before we followed Arcadios to the Luminare palace.

It was a giant castle that was bright with lights from every room.
"This is his majesty's home, it is fit for a king" Arcadios commented.
"Are you sure it's really okay for us to go inside?" Happy smiled.
"Yes but before we do I'd like to give Miss Lucy my most humble apology, my misguided actions put her in harm's way" Arcadios said.
"What do you mean by that?" Natsu asked.
"He hired the thugs that tried to kidnap Wendy and Carla. I had already figured this out and I also know why you did it so I don't hold it against you" I spoke up making them look at me.
"Wait, you know already?" Gray asked.
"Yes, I'm not about to let something like that happen without investigating it. They said they were hired by Raven Tail but I knew better after all Ivan wouldn't try to do that unless he had a death wish" I said.
"My intention was never to put you in any real danger but I was far too aggressive with my orders. I honestly believed that you were our only hope for the celestial mage that we so desperately needed. It was a lapse of judgement, I ask your forgiveness" Arcadios said. I don't see why he was apologising to me since it wasn't me that got taken.
"In truth the Grand Magic Games is a ruse or rather a mechanism for syphoning magic power from the participants" Arcadios said. That was something that I didn't know but that explained why they wanted the strongest guild here.
"So you've been stealing magic power from wizards for years now?" Gray demanded.
"It's all a big cover up," Happy exclaimed.
"How deplorable" Carla huffed.
"That's messed up" Gajeel growled.
"You can say that again," Lily said.
"You are certainly welcome to your own opinion on the matter but I firmly believe the end justifies the means in this case" Arcadios said and we finally came to a stop. In front of us was a large gate like door and I shut my eyes and turned away not being able to look at that, that thing.
"Eclipse, a door that will change the world, without massive amounts of magic power it never could have been constructed," Arcadios explained.
"It never should have been made," I glared.
"When the sun and moon intersect we will then use the celestial zodiac keys to open this door. What lies beyond it is time itself, it will allow us to travel 400 years into the past and slay Zeref before he gains the power of immortality. His destruction is our ultimate goal" Arcadios announced.
"Time is not something that should be messed with, it is something that should be left flowing like it is meant to" I muttered to myself while I glared up at the gate.
"Tell me, is it true that time flows differently in the celestial world than it does in ours?" Yukino asked.
"It does," I confirmed.
"We'd like to use the dimensional properties their world possesses therefore to open up this door we need celestial magic" Yukino said and I shook my head.
"Since celestial mages are scarce now we thought we would have to switch to a substitute source of power but now that we have located the two of you and all twelve of zodiac keys the plan can proceed as planned. The time for action is almost upon us. When the sun and moon intersect this will occur three days from now on July 7th. We ask for your help Miss Lucy" Arcadios said.