8| O T T O

ALESSANDRO'S POV

Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can. It's not really easy doing that especially in this overly judgmental society, but you can always take the best out of every situation.
It was another day, another opportunity, another journey throughout the day, it takes strength to step enthusiastically into each day of our lives. This strength usually comes more readily on some days than others, but every day makes demands on us. Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.

I got up. Eventually leaving my bed, making my way to the shower. The hot water splashed my body, water dripping across my skin, taking every thought that's left in my mind with it. This is why I love showers regardless, they take my mind away and allow me to relax, think straight.

I hopped off and wrapped a towel around my lower waist while I chose what I was going to wear today. I grabbed a pair of black pants along with a white dress shirt, a dark blue tie, on top of it a black waistcoat.

As I made my way to the kitchen for breakfast. I ran into Dante who was already there, eating. He shot his head up and looked at me. I had to tell him what happened "I need to tell you something" we both said at the same time. "What" I asked, wanting him to go first "no you go" he insisted, I hate insistence. Looking straight into his eyes was all it took for him to start talking.

"I noticed a woman dressed in all black keeping her eyes on me. I knew something was up so I decided to flip her game and trap her in. I got up, made my way out and walked away to assure myself that she's one hundred percent onto something. She started following me, she was up to something as I suspected. She tried to keep distance and eventually lost track. So I sneaked up behind her and when I took a quick look, recognizing her. I got her to one of our warehouses and I'm currently holding her there. She also mentioned something about her little sister being alone and I did what I had to do"

He said while fucking shrugging at the last sentence. I was raged in anger, nobody makes decisions without my consent. After all, this is my mafia. I get to know everything that is going on in time. Dante knows I always take care of things before they escalate and think my decisions through while making sure I'm aware of anything that could go wrong. I clenched my jaw and didn't realize how hard I was gripping my glass of water until it broke, my palm slightly cut by the glass along with blood dripping down. My eyes never leaving Dantes, the tension was thick. I was barely holding it in "lead the way"

I walked in front with Dante behind me. If he's having a woman and her sister in one of my houses, then he bet his ass I will meet these people, living under my roof. We reached the garage, I unlocked my dark gray Porsche 911, allowing Dante to get in the passenger seat. I started the engine, driving off to my warehouse. It wasn't far away from this house. Thoughts filled my mind through the whole drive, How could Dante do such a thing without my consent. What if she's some sort of spy, she literally tried to kill him.

I got myself out of these assumptions by the sight of the house. The guards opened the gates as I drove through the long highway, arriving at the parking area at the entrance. I got out of the car, slamming the door shut. Dante was looking at me in worry. I won't hurt this woman nor her little sister, I just needed to make sure she's not some sort of danger because anyone who gets in or out one of my houses, got information, things that could be used against me.

I rushed up the couple stairs, opening the doors wildly. I walked in the house, looking through the living room, searching in the kitchen. I saw Dante on the stairs, looking at me—giving me a sign that she's upstairs. He gave her a room.