45| Q U A R A N T A-C I N Q U E

ALESSANDRO'S POV

My sight slowly cleared and I couldn't see anything but darkness.

What time is it.

I left my mind to wonder as I pushed the blanket off my body. I sat straight on the bed and ran a hand through my hair. I didn't need to look back to check if Akila's next to me, I know she's gone.

I reached the night stand and switched on the lamp. The room suddenly came too bright and my eyes narrowed. I managed to glance at the clock hanging on the opposite wall, it's six in the evening. My stomach grumbled loudly around the room and I couldn't help but chuckle.

I need to get something to eat, and find Akila.

I pushed myself off the bed and thankfully, the black spots didn't block my sight. I don't know if I should see a doctor or if that's just normal. Either way, I'm too stubborn to visit an actual doctor. Sometimes I just ask Lilianna and she suggests I ask someone with more knowledge but I take her words. Lilianna graduated from nursing school a few years ago. She's the head of nurses for our mafia, she cuts through the unneeded stuff and goes straight to the problem with providing fast solutions. We don't have time to stay in bed and heal, we need to get back on our feet as quickly as possible. Staying down for a few hours matters, it's like waiting a whole week worth of work.

I got myself out of the room and could hear loud laughter coming from downstairs. Then Armando's pig laugh broke through the walls. I actually giggled and found myself rushing to them. How could they have fun without me?

Finally, getting off the last step, I was able to see what the laughing was all about. Kira red as a tomato, Emilion with his fist ready to punch Armando who's cracking on the floor. Adriano is on one knee crying his eyes out while Lilianna and Julia keep hitting each other because they're laughing?

I am so confused.

My face immediately dropped when I saw Akila standing in the corner of the room smiling. I fell, so hard my whole body is sore.

I blinked not once or twice, she's actually around them and smiling. This crazy feeling consumed my lips, they felt itchy in some way but those are not the right words. I wanted to kiss her.

Eventually, everyone noticed my presence. "Come here Alessandro, we're just discovering that Emilion ate marshmallows out of Kira's belly button" not even a second after finishing his sentence, Armando fell back on the floor and collapsed in laughter again. I chuckled before looking at Kira, she lowered her gaze shyly and her cheeks grew brighter.

I stood above the crackhead on the floor and pulled him up with one hand by his shirt. He trembled back a few steps and steadied himself before saying, "Thanks man, I really needed that" he patted my back and I shaked my head.

"There" I turned to Lilianna who's holding a plate of pasta. I thanked her, already hearing my stomach yelling at me louder. I sat down on an empty chair next to Julia and started digging my fork in the pasta.

I took a few bites and found Julia staring at me, "So you and Dante don't eat pint butter off each other's buttcrack?" I titled my head in innocence when everyone burst out, again. This time Emilion and Kira joined. But my eyes only travelled across the room to find her. She brought a hand to her lips and giggled silently. Her eyes are half way opened and her shoulders moved gently as her hair fell on top of them, dimples making her face the most adorable thing I've ever seen. I sighed in admiration and forgot everyone around us.